Solved

software version G900T3UVS1FOJ4 OR G900TUVS1FOJ4:

• 17 November 2015
  • 9 replies

has anyone have problems with this update I just got this phone last week and got to note to update but did not install yet want to make sure no bugs in it . don't want to mess up a week old phone thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 3 December 2015, 00:06

We have seen some user have frustration with certain aspects of the update and we have been passing those along to the manufacturer. if you are unsure, updating is not required!

-Lauren

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @clamman1!

Just sending a message to see if you need help with this. Thanks for using the forum!

I know there are problems with updates just wanted to know if there were any with this one ? I had a galaxy s2 that when I updated it ruined the phone

Userlevel 5

We have seen some user have frustration with certain aspects of the update and we have been passing those along to the manufacturer. if you are unsure, updating is not required!

-Lauren

is there a way to stop it from asking all the time to update?

Userlevel 5

There's not 😥

The device will prompt for the update automatically.

-Lauren

I would say definitely defer the update.  If and when they push out another update that shows improvement, I'll try to remember to post here.

My phone has lagged so bad that I couldn't even answer the phone.  The phone rang, but screen didn't even light up until after I missed the call.

And in case anyone asks, yes I've already factory reset my Galaxy S5.

Don't update to 5.1.1, stay at 5.0.  I had "G900TUVS1FOJ4"   (5.1.1) since 11/2 and I can't stand the lag and have downgraded it back to 5.0 yesterday.  I have also factory reset and cleared the cache a few times. 

I'm super unhappy about this update. As mentioned before, my device speed has decreased dramatically. In addition, despite my updating THREE TIMES, it's still displayed under "About Phone" that I'm running on the old version. I'm assuming this is the reason that the update notification will not go away, and proceeds to launch the update every time I connect to wifi. Also, swipe is now horrific and had a 1.5sec lag in between words.

You all must have some jacked up phones. I upgraded a while back to 5.1.1. Never had any probs with I guess I just got lucky. I had heard that 5.0 & 5.1.1 were having the same probs so I didn't upgrade until (L) 5.1.1 came out.  Also I'm sure I don't do anything different.. I "clean" out the ram, etc once a day, making sure to restart the device at least once a day as well.

Do you all have this: Package Disabler (Pro)? If not, you can find it on Play. It only works on Samsung devices. What it does is give you another Avenue to Disable ANY & ALL apps, to include Bloatware, that you don't want on your phone. It keeps them on their server in your app so it's available to you. This, obviously is for those of us that don't have root. Anyhow, this was another tool I used in order to not have 500 apps on my device causing it to slow down. Anyhow, good luck, hope you all had a great holiday season. Take care!

Respectfully,

~Ron Gustafson