Solved

Spam Text Messages

• 26 November 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

I am sick & tired of constantly getting Spam Text Messages! I report them & block them. A few minutes later I get two or three more Spam Text Messages. What is T-Mobile actually doing about this!! It's like the scammers/spammers know when they are being reported and blocked! I have never gotten so many Spam Text Messages before I joined T-Mobile a couple of years ago! T-Mobile needs to be honest with it's users & tell us exactly what they have been doing over the years to help stop us from getting all these constant scam/spam Text Messages! Or are they actually part of the issue! 

icon

Best answer by beachbowi 27 November 2022, 14:37

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The only ones I get are the political text that I promptly block and label as spam.

Badge

The only ones I get are the political text that I promptly block and label as spam.

Well you are lucky those are all the messages you are getting. I'm not talking about those text messages. I'm talking about the ones with web links to them written in different print that is hard to read. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You should see my Gmail spam folder. I have a common name so any variation of my first name,  middle initial and last name I will get other peoples emails who signed up with google using their same name.

Badge

You may have downloaded an app to your phone that contains malware. Or, your phone number has somehow earned its way onto a list on the dark web that is being passed around. Pixel phones do a great job of blocking spam SMS and spam phone calls. Currently, there is an epidemic of SMS spam. Don’t expect it to let up anytime soon.

Badge

You may have downloaded an app to your phone that contains malware. Or, your phone number has somehow earned its way onto a list on the dark web that is being passed around. Pixel phones do a great job of blocking spam SMS and spam phone calls. Currently, there is an epidemic of SMS spam. Don’t expect it to let up anytime soon.

Well T-Mobile needs to do more on their behalf; show us what they are doing to stop these from constantly happening. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Like the above poster I use a Pixel and it sorts out spam text and calls really well with Google assistant.

I want notifications from Mt church and friends, but not every insurance company or fake.SS DISABILITIES  AND  Gov group AND.  bS org

I have been receiving spam text messages from the UK (+44} and the Philippines (+63}.

My Pixel automatically placed them in a "blocked" status archived folder, but I wanted to know if I was being charged for this unsolicited international communication.

I reached out to T-M support. According to the agent in a warehouse room full of other support agents audible in the background... IT TURNS OUT I AM BEING CHARGED FOR UNSOLICITED INTERNATIONAL TMs if I do not have an international plan.

Bad show T-Mobile. Bad show.

Badge

I have been receiving spam text messages from the UK (+44} and the Philippines (+63}.

My Pixel automatically placed them in a "blocked" status archived folder, but I wanted to know if I was being charged for this unsolicited international communication.

I reached out to T-M support. According to the agent in a warehouse room full of other support agents audible in the background... IT TURNS OUT I AM BEING CHARGED FOR UNSOLICITED INTERNATIONAL TMs if I do not have an international plan.

Bad show T-Mobile. Bad show.

Are the international charges showing on your bill? Don't forget that T-Mobile was hacked in the past with many customers information compromised. So far one of my email addresses and my number has shown up on the dark web according to Experian. T-Mobile has weak security measures and could care less about customer complaints. This is the same company that has had the same exact issues on their app and website for over a decade so don't expect them to even pretend to care about foreign text messages from scammers.