Question

text messages go through with random letters

• 24 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Can someone advise why text messages I send have all words replaced by a long string of random letters. The text is unreadable and occurs only in group messaging and especially affects I-phone users. 

I am using LG V60 5G

6 replies

I have the same phone and started having this same issue this week. Left group messaging and reset phone helped for a bit then the issue started up again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

im sure im about to jinx myself but i have yet to run into this..out of curiosity how long of a reply is it or message is it when this pops up? and have either of you checked the app store to see if you have any updates available for the messaging app? since our last big update i have had two texting app updates push through..

only issue i have came across texting wise is the keyboard will get stuck in place at times and i have to pull up the recent apps button and clear either the app or all apps then go back in

The best and easiest thing to do is to get rid of the native messenger app and download another one from the app store like google messenger. I experienced the same issue after the system update in February. At first I thought it was T-Mobile way of getting back at  me for switching from Samsung (after 13 years) to LG. Lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ive read that iMessage doesn't play well with Android sms  so that may be your issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The best and easiest thing to do is to get rid of the native messenger app and download another one from the app store like google messenger. I experienced the same issue after the system update in February. At first I thought it was T-Mobile way of getting back at  me for switching from Samsung (after 13 years) to LG. Lol.

the V60 already comes with Google Messages. they havent used their own texting app on their phones for a while now.

I'm having the same issue with group messaging. LG WING