Question

Text not being delivered

• 10 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

My husband has a Google Pixel 4a phone. He recently lost his new one and got a new SIM card put in his older one. Since then, when I try to text him, the status says Sent but not Delivered, and he doesn’t receive the texts. He can receive texts from other family members, and other numbers, and my texts are received by others, just not by him. Is there a way that he could have inadvertently blocked my texts? I can call him and vice versa.

3 replies

This is happening to me as well. My family is on a group plan and there are 6 of us. I can text 4 out of 6. The two I can't text can text me and if I answer immediately,  my text will go through. If I wait even 2 minutes the text will not go through. I need my text because this is how I stay in contact with my kids throughout the day.  I went into a store, they couldn't help me. No idea what was wrong. Called 611, it started working then quit 10 min off the phone with help desk. So frustrating. 

It's possible that there might be an issue with the messaging settings or the new SIM card in your husband's Google Pixel 4a. It's unlikely that he inadvertently blocked your texts, but you could try the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. Check Message Settings: Make sure that your husband's messaging settings are correctly configured, especially if there have been recent changes like the new SIM card. Ensure that your number is not blocked or marked as spam.

2. Reset Network Settings: Sometimes a network reset can help resolve connectivity issues. Your husband can try resetting the network settings on his phone.

3. Contact Carrier: If the issue persists, it might be a good idea for your husband to reach out to his carrier's customer support. They can check if there are any network-related issues affecting text message delivery.

4. Clear Cache: If you're using a messaging app, clearing the app's cache or reinstalling it could also potentially help.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help resolve the issue. Good luck!

It's possible that there might be an issue with the messaging settings or the new SIM card in your husband's Google Pixel 4a. It's unlikely that he inadvertently blocked your texts, but you could try the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. Check Message Settings: Make sure that your husband's messaging settings are correctly configured, especially if there have been recent changes like the new SIM card. Ensure that your number is not blocked or marked as spam.

2. Reset Network Settings: Sometimes a network reset can help resolve connectivity issues. Your husband can try resetting the network settings on his phone.

3. Contact Carrier: If the issue persists, it might be a good idea for your husband to reach out to his carrier's customer support. They can check if there are any network-related issues affecting text message delivery.

4. Clear Cache: If you're using a messaging app, clearing the app's cache or reinstalling it could also potentially help.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help resolve the issue. Good luck!

according to IPTV UK according to IPTV UK