Question

TMobile+Android Note 8 sending old texts/texts without my knowledge? 9/28/2020 1551

• 29 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello!..I have an Android Note 8, today 9/28/2020 1551..my phone sent out a text without my knowledge? I signed onto Spectrum Wifi guest if that matters

Was there a glitch with T-Mobile or Android messaging or something?

Thanks for the help

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I take it this was an text that you’d previously sent or attempted to send to another person? Not some text that some apps send to activate stuff?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

The only time I can think of an issue like this happened, was when I restored old texts from a back up.  Even though the texts had been sent and delivered, a friend of mine texted me to ask why she was getting a whole bunch of old texts.  That seemed to be the only reason I could come up with, but I haven’t had that issue in about a decade.  

Badge

I take it this was an text that you’d previously sent or attempted to send to another person? Not some text that some apps send to activate stuff?

I’m assuming it was an old text that got stuck and never sent; then I logged onto Spectrum wifi and it just automatically went through?