TMOBILE Oneplus 7 (pro) Not compatible with Andoid 11 ONEPLUS Official realest

Badge

Don't bother installing the OnePlus Official Android 11 on a T-Mobile Branded OnePlus 7 or 7pro as you will not be able to run the following:

1) 90hz

2) QHD 

3) stable wifi connection (drops constantly)

And if you do enable these after install your phone will become not only unstable with a black screen but good luck trying to login with a pin.

I confirmed this with OnePlus devs

11 replies

Badge

*Release

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I don’t have issues with any of those on my device.  I follow the main thread on the OnePlus boards, which is now at 212 pages, as well as participate in the FUT program for multiple devices, including with 2 OnePlus 7 Pro’s.  The issues you speak of, vary with a lot more issues factored in as well.  The main issues I have experienced are:

Notification Dots just stop working randomly, The phone screen zooms in for no reason that requires a restart to temporarily fix, the device actually feels a little sluggish for the first time, Dolby doesn’t work properly any more, speakerphone turns itself on and doesn’t turn off, earpiece audio comes out of both speakers, and some of the camera features cause the camera app to crash.  

I have not had any connectivity issues with cellular or WiFi, although the displayed signal is about 1 bar weaker than it was before the update.  Signal bar display doesn’t really matter, but the over all radio strength has been decreased.  Inside where I used to get a usable one bar of signal, I now get no service.  WiFi Calling works perfectly fine though.  

When I install updates though, I always install the full image, not the OTA package.  

Badge

I’ve tried every method of installing the updates (manual download, OTA, incremental, full, etc...full wipe) with the same zoom issues you speak of as well as the others I listed. When I put this in the forums on OnePlus they said that the issue was with T-Mobile branded phones only and this was back in March and has been evident on every beta and full they released for 11. Also I T-Mobile has the worst signal. I’ve had T-Mobile for over 16 years and now I have T-Mobile home internet and that barely works so I am considering moving to Verizon for cell (I have Fios already). I still have issues with them unlocking my phone and its been paid off for several months now. When I call to unlock it they have no idea and I just get the run-around on the phone (with them reading basically from the same site instructions it tells me online) which are non-existent since I have the oneplus OS installed and not the TMobile factory custom Oneplus OS.

Also TMobile home internet speeds are 40 down and 10 up for 60/mo which is absolute  even when you can get a “good” two bar signal.

Will T mobile be released android 11 for the sprint version of oneplus 7 pro 5G? 

My 7pro variant does not have a gear icon on the system updates screen. How do I manually push the android 11 file to my device without being rooted?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My 7pro variant does not have a gear icon on the system updates screen. How do I manually push the android 11 file to my device without being rooted?

You can't. 

I am having the same issues with Android 11 as the poster (PeteWilson).
I was on Beta branch first and when Android 11 beta came out, my phone started glitching when using 90hz or QHD+ setting.

When I go to unlock the phone, the screen is increased about 4 times, meaning ¾ of my screen are “outside” of my phone, including the fingerprint scanner placement, leaving me no other option than to restart the phone. This happens multiple times per day, sometimes multiple times per hour. Gets very annoying when trying to check when your uber driver is or to check something urgent only to find that your screen resolution stretches way outside of your phone boundary and you need to restart to even get into the phone. So far I was able to attribute this to QHD, this does not happen on FHD.

Then also when running 90hz on Android 11, when trying to unlock screen stays black basically not allowing me to see anything on the phone until I hard restart with buttons. This disappears when switching back to 60hz.

I had to eventually opt out of Beta branch, went back to stable which was running Android 10 and all my issues were fixed. 2 months later Android 11 rolled out on stable branch, I upgraded yesterday (hoping surely this bug would be fixed) and I am still having these issues. I am on a OnePlus7Pro TMobile variant..

Posting it here as I have not seen this issue mentioned ANYWHERE when I was on Beta branch and only seeing a few posts now that Android 11 is on “Stable” for OnePlus7Pro. TMobile, please work with OnePlus to report and fix this, so far it seems like this is only happening on TMobile devices.

Badge

Just saw this.  I'm so pissed this was released.  I'm on the 7T and have different issues.  I've never had any issue with Android OS until this one.  Auto rotate is so inconsistent, j can't watch YouTube or use Waze like I used to.  Battery life is terrible.

Also, I forgot to mention in my thread that purging any video files take so much longer.  Compressing the videos also se to be taking much longer as if I had an old phone 😡

I have the T-Mobile OnePlus 7T sold by B&H several months ago. I received the Oxygen 11 ota about a week ago. One wi-fi, as far as I can tell, things generally function as usual; but data seems not to work at all and the phone aspect (Tracphone using T-Mobile towers) now does not work at all.

If in a few days, the phone and data do not come alive, I shall attempt to roll back to Oxygen 10. Is this possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have the T-Mobile OnePlus 7T sold by B&H several months ago. I received the Oxygen 11 ota about a week ago. One wi-fi, as far as I can tell, things generally function as usual; but data seems not to work at all and the phone aspect (Tracphone using T-Mobile towers) now does not work at all.

If in a few days, the phone and data do not come alive, I shall attempt to roll back to Oxygen 10. Is this possible?

Yes, with the MSM Tool from OnePlus. 

Badge

I’ve also got problems on my T-Mobile OnePlus after taking the OTA from 10 to 11.

I’ve spoken to the OnePlus crew, and they indicate since it’s a carrier phone, it’s basically a carrier problem.

Just got the phone and really loved it while it was running 10. Guess I’m stuck returning it. Thanks anyway T-mobile, it was fun while it lasted. :-(