Solved

To all Note 7's: a recall is in the making

• 1 September 2016
  • 37 replies

JUST WHEN WERE SETTLED, they drop a bomber on us.....but read and wait. omg. whats next.

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/09/01/galaxy-note-7-recall-will-reportedly-be-announced-soon/

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/01/samsung-exploding-batteries-recall-galaxy-note-7/

Samsung Galaxy Note7 global recall due to exploding batteries could be imminent

http://www.androidauthority.com/reports-samsung-considering-note-7-recall-battery-pack-blame-714126/

im sure its gonna get real hot under the collar. i sure hope its not global. and i hope if they do, we get newer devised devices.

Message was edited by: Chris L

icon

Best answer by tidbits 3 September 2016, 00:22

Here you go

Samsung offering exchange program for Note7 owners in the US

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/02/samsung-offering-exchange-program-note7-owners-us/

contact Samsung directly and they'll send you a new one...  You don't have to go through carriers, but if you choose to go through your carrier they got that covered too...

View original

37 replies

IF YOURE A MODERATOR PLEASE FIX BUS SUPPOSE TO BE US...........I EDITED IT AND DIDNT SAVE IT. IT LOOKS WRONG THE WAY IT SITS. I HAD NO ATTENTION FOR IT TO LOOK LIKE THAT.WHERES A MODERATOR WHEN I NEED HER HIM

OMG TYVM/WHEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

All reports... Note 7s made in Korea... That mean Exynos processors and a particular plant. Media blowing it out of proportion AND they are regurgitating the same thing from the first sight that reported it. Controversy for clicks!

Wait, so you locked the heating issue thread, which is not necessarily directly related to this thread, and redirected people from the earlier more active thread over to this new "master" thread that you designated?

I've only been signed up for this support discussion site for a few hours and the micro-management control freakishness of the moderators is already stifling. Let go of the power tripping bro, let people talk on the threads they want to. It's not like there are hundreds of posts per hour dropping in the Note 7 discussion here that we need people micro-managing threads.

ok now providers are saying call samsung and samsung says call provider.if there was way to chk device for safe or not. i would.

Userlevel 6

T-Mobile's official response is to return your device to them for full refund.  https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/samsung-note7-update.htm‌ -- T-Mobile's response doesn't state whether or not you have to be a current customer to get refunded.

As you've stated before, yours is a VZW device, so you'll have to contact VZW as to what their official response is.

Userlevel 6

Galaxy Note 7 recall: How to return your phone to Verizon, Sprint, AT&T or T-Mobile - CNET

That's for all the major US carriers.

WAKEUP CALL. I WAS TOLD BY VZW, no extended return, and also no exchange for another note 7.mine is vzw device. AND within return period. now they say since i ported........i cant get refund. PERIOD.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Dude... lay off the caps...

Like I told you a hundred times by now...  R-E-L-A-X.  You can return the device.  Like when I told you before when you were within your 14 day.  Your story and what you say are changing daily.  Here you go...  You had so many opportunities, but you don't take them as if you just want to make sure you have something to complain about.

Straight from Verizon themselves...  When you asked you probably asked yesterday or before information was released by Verizon front office so the low level reps don't know what's going on...

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall | Verizon Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

notethis wrote:

WAKEUP CALL. I WAS TOLD BY VZW, no extended return, and also no exchange for another note 7.mine is vzw device. AND within return period. now they say since i ported........i cant get refund. PERIOD.

Even if you ported legally it's a RECALL Verizon has to honor the return regardless of what happens as if something happens Verizon will be LEGALLY liable for any mishap if they don't.

EASE OFF the throttle, and reply to topic, and you're not telling me anything. for i didnt ask for the abrasive response. i am me, proud veteran, sane and soberly educated. can you live and let live. dont waste time. and DONT tell me how to type. it works for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I am a proud veteran, sane, and soberly educated myself...

Yes I did tell you in multiple threads.  You can turn it in to Verizon.  There is absolutely nothing stopping you but you.  Regardless if you are a customer or not you have 14 days to return devices to them.  Since it is now past the 14 days you and there is a recall Verizon has a legal obligation by the FTC themselves to take it back or could face fines and sanctions, but what do I know...  I haven't done this stuff for the past 20 years...

STOP. YOU DO NOT KNOW MY SITUATION. dont assume. im no longer contractual with. nor will i explain further.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I know you have no contracual obligation.  I know for a fact that doesn't exempt Verizon from giving a refund.  We have done it multiple times when people quit or get fired from my line of work...  Verizon would have been happy to take back their device during the refund period and let you change carriers.  So unless you opted to not pay for the device and run off to another carrier would be the ONLY reason for not returning during that period.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Don't have to take my word for it. You can call your Attorney General and ask them, and he will tell you exactly what I told you. Especially about the recall. Verizon regardless have to take it back and give you another based on Samsung's recall. If something happens Verizon is liable.

first off even though i have receipt. after acct closed, they said SIX TIMES IN A ROW, they have no record of my note 7, nor will not let me email proof, nor a store willing to do so. even with proof. THEY SAY, no acct. not valid. period. end.

so i will stay with it AS I GOT NEW SIM FROM TMOBILE, and now it works great. until carrier stops the game thier playing and SAMSUNG gets thier act together, and makes it possible to exchange with fire proof device. im in 7 other forums and have had it with confusion.

Userlevel 5

Let's all take a little breather 😊 We are all here to help each other out. I believe what tidbits‌ is trying to say is whether you have a contract or an account with VZW, the phone still came from Samsung. The one thing that is for certain is that official details will be conveyed by Samsung when they are available. I am sure they will also have a pretty lengthy FAQ section as well to cover most of the one-off questions. If your questions are not answered by Samsung directly, you can reach out to the carrier you purchased the device from for further details. From the looks of things, all carriers for the most part have some sort of game plan for this.

IM GOOD. I GOT 800 CREDIT FROM OTHER DEVICE S7EDGE COMING, and i own this device now, the note 7, and worse case, will unload to tmobile, get thier note 7, and still come out ahead also being on disability, the totality on 2 devices in 45 days is 1900.00. ive paid my dues. im taking a nap now.

i am helping myself. im elder enough. it matters what i do and say for myself. where in this post have people forgotten im not the subject topic. lets stay on page of recall.

i had  A senior moment. would i rather be right or be free. IM FREE. SOLDIER ON PEOPLE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Here you go

Samsung offering exchange program for Note7 owners in the US

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/09/02/samsung-offering-exchange-program-note7-owners-us/

contact Samsung directly and they'll send you a new one...  You don't have to go through carriers, but if you choose to go through your carrier they got that covered too...

HERE WE GO. 15 calls 12  chats, vzw says note 7 don't exist as i have order confirmation and receipt

called samsung. no answers chats locked down. what got done. zip. nada. i'm going for round 2 tomorrow, and onto round 14 soon. or until there's a form to fill to expedite it. i have 2 choices, forget fire fear note 7, and keep it, or use 3 phones to call samsung.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

You take your old bill with you.  They should be able to pull up old records of the account.  If they don't then they are violating regulation and will get in trouble from it.  If you bought it online then take the receipt they sent you and there should have a transaction number and details and they should be able to pull that up as well.

This is for taxing and a slew of other purposes as to why they need to keep these records for iirc minimum of 5 years.

Any news or mention of when this will be fixed or how long it will take to get the fixed note 7's out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As early as next week Samsung stated. It will take a few weeks but I am going to assume all exchanges will happen this month and sales go back to normal.