Question

Unable to open links

• 22 August 2021
  • 13 replies

Badge

I just got a new revvl v+ phone and when I get a text message with a link in it I can't actually use any of the links. I can only copy the whole message and not just a part of it. Is there a setting I can change to be able to click the links? I went into the advanced message settings and can't find anything.

13 replies

I have this same issue. Anyone figured this out?

I just got the Rev 5+ and had the same problem.  I took my phone to TMobile and he deleted my Chat bot which was green in color, I hated that color.  So the so called expert merged my messenger with my text, I did not like.  Anyway I went to the play store and downloaded the text app I was use to (the one with the blue box).  Everything was back to normal that I was use to.  My messenger app and text app was no longer merged.  I did not lose any texts and was able to open links.  Hope this helps.

Worked for me just now - 10/9/2021 - But man the ads ! - I’m jones’n for a Tmobile fix but in the mean time this works - Thanks for the 411

My girlfriend's phone had the same problem. Evidently the app it came installed with doesn't open links. I went to the Play Store and got her a new message app. I picked one with a blue box icon. It was terrible with the ads and pop-ups. I figured out how to uninstall it. Took a while. Went back to the Play Store and got a different one that has a blue box icon but it's made by Google. After it installs be sure to open it. It walks you through what to do. Make sure to select it as your default messaging app. I had to find it in all her apps and hold my finger on it and dragged it to her main page.. Now she's able to click on links. Yay!!!

Worked for me just now - 10/9/2021 - But man the ads ! - I’m jones’n for a Tmobile fix but in the mean time this works - Thanks for the 411

If you go back to the Play Store and get the blue one made by Google it works better✌

If you go back to the Play Store and get the blue one made by Google it works better✌

Also I was able to get rid of the bad blue messaging app. If I remember correctly I had to delete all its permissions and then I was able to uninstall it after that

I have this same issue. Anyone figured this out?

Go to the Play Store and get the blue messaging app made by Google. After you install it open it and make sure to set it as your default messaging app. Be sure to pick the one made by Google. The other blue one is crap. I did this for my girlfriend and now she's able to click on links in her text✌

I just got a new revvl v+ phone and when I get a text message with a link in it I can't actually use any of the links. I can only copy the whole message and not just a part of it. Is there a setting I can change to be able to click the links? I went into the advanced message settings and can't find anything.

Go to the Play Store and get the blue messaging app made by Google. After you install it open it and make sure to set it as your default messaging app. Be sure to pick the one made by Google. The other blue one is crap. I did this for my girlfriend and now she's able to click on links in her text✌

I just got the Rev 5+ and had the same problem.  I took my phone to TMobile and he deleted my Chat bot which was green in color, I hated that color.  So the so called expert merged my messenger with my text, I did not like.  Anyway I went to the play store and downloaded the text app I was use to (the one with the blue box).  Everything was back to normal that I was use to.  My messenger app and text app was no longer merged.  I did not lose any texts and was able to open links.  Hope this helps.

Your message really helped me out. Only one thing I'd like to add. There are several blue ones . The blue messaging app made by Google worked the best for me. Thank you for getting me headed in the right direction✌

Got a messaging app under development by microsoft - Seems to work nice - No adds - I cannot for the life of me figure out how to uninstall or delete the “messaging” app - PITA, how did you do it ?

Thanks,

Was finally to get rid of the “Messaging” app - Settings/apps & notifications/advanced - You have a choice to switch back to “home” app - After that you can uninstall then delete the “messaging” app - FYI 

Got a messaging app under development by microsoft - Seems to work nice - No adds - I cannot for the life of me figure out how to uninstall or delete the “messaging” app - PITA, how did you do it ?

I See on your next comment that you were able to get rid of a messaging app. I'm assuming it's the one from the Play Store that had all the pop-ups and ads

Sure was - Bruce wins !