Question

Unlocking samsung A51 5G

Badge

I bought Samsung A51 5G (brand new) on e-Bay but it was T-Mobile locked. I have used this phone on T-Mobile network for almost 5 months now. I tried unlocking it but got this message: “your phone isn’t eligible to be unlocked. Reason Code: 113”

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I bought Samsung A51 5G (brand new) on e-Bay but it was T-Mobile locked. I have used this phone on T-Mobile network for almost 5 months now. I tried unlocking it but got this message: “your phone isn’t eligible to be unlocked. Reason Code: 113”

Even though the device was sold to you on Ebay.  There might be a reason why it isn’t eligible for unlocking.  The device might not be fully paid off by the original purchaser.  Try reaching out to T-Mobile via Facebook or Twitter to see if they can give you the reason the device is currently not eligible to be unlocked.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Also the imei number may not be in Tmobile's system if the phone was originally bought from Samsung.

Badge

Hi guys, I had similar issue and wasted calling to T mobile customer service for one year. Then I contacted through Twitter “T mobile Help” account and directly sent message them with details IMEI number and verified my current T mobile account. then they told me that my device is not in the T obile database and the t mobile device unlock team contacted to Samsung to gain their permission to whitelist this phone. Once samsung approved, t mobile unlock team added the device Tac Code into their device inventory system and enter the IMEI number into the unlock database. Finally it is unlocked. Thanks to Twitter “T mobile Help” account.