Question

Voice & Data blocked

Badge

Woke up this morning. Phone says emergency calls only, voice service blocked, data service blocked. I am paid up, account paid. What’s happening?

15 replies

Badge

Not that it’s your issue, but you responded. 2 days later No Data & No Voice AGAIN. Going on 7 hours now. Emergency calls only. AND, no way to contact T-Moped. Go to the store(s) & they know nothing & can’t do anything. No chat or email info on website. Can’t call, no services. Getting pretty pissed off about all of it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i lived in Oroville Ca..which is where the spillway started ripping apart..now i live in Paradise Ca..which burned to the ground a couple years ago..

i have been evacuated more times in the last 5 years than in my entire lifetime prior to that..

Badge

You are correct & then the unmaintained infrastructure belonging to SCE & PG&E sets all that on fire. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

there are wild fires due to politicians trying to make everyone happy and not logging/clearing like they should have been...least thats how it is in Cali..

Badge

Everything started working about 1900 yesterday evening. So total outage time was 20 hours. IMO these utility companies like electricity, gas, phone, & cable providers are just making due with what they have, taking our money, keep increasing rates and never investing anything into maintaining & upgrading proactively. This is why this happens, this is why water mains 100 years old break, this is why there are wild fires. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

sucks to say but if its an actual outage due to either equipment going down or wires being cut, it’ll take them a bit to get it fixed..even longer if they must order parts….and then even longer if its like anything else out there currently and its back ordered until (insert any weird amount of time here that will be missed and a new date will be given numerous times lol).

Badge

Just to ice the cake. I had to drive a few miles away from home to make my calls, retrieve VMs, & return calls missed because they are blocked when I am at home. Just before I got home I got texted a satisfaction survey which I gave them all zeros & someone called to see why. He was like this is terrible, this shouldn’t happen, you should have gotten better help, & on & on… But now I’m home again, NO VOICE, NO DATA SERVICE, emergency calls only & he was no better help than everyone else. NO ONE at T-Mobile can tell me what’s up, why, when it’ll be fixed, & I AM PAYING FOR THIS CRAP.

Badge

I checked an online outage map for T-Mobile. The complaints are up over 300% in my area than usual. I could not get a higher tier tech on the phone, wait times were about 2 hours. I cannot even get an acknowledgement from T-Mobile what the issue is. That is what bothers me the most.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the call in agents are tier one support..bottom rung when it comes to info they are given etc..tier 2 is usually where you get more info and a bit more accuracy when it comes to things. i would say to use the chat feature in here for support but that thing is more miss than hit over the last few months.

Badge

Yes, I figured all that out. I have a bit of property. If I go out front across the street or to the extreme farthest away from the house in the back yard I get 1 very small bar. This let me call 611 for support. This is all good, except that AFTER 20 MINUTES they have no idea what is wrong, sorry for the inconvenience, hangup. Liars or Incompetence?  Maybe both.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

location based since the problem didnt follow you. if it followed i would have pointed more at the phone or something with your account..but since it stayed around your home area that points at a tower or multiple towers down..especially if you didnt end up pulling in signal from the next furthest out tower..means its a bit of a larger network outage.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

thats what its sounding like. location based issue. if it followed i would say phone or something with the account..but since the problem stayed at your home area it points at it being a network issue.

if you have wifi at home you might be able to use wifi calling at least to get you back up and going until they get the network figured out.

what phone do you have?

Badge

I will guess it’s the cell tower nearest my house.

Badge

The Voice & Data is blocked. NO CALLS (not even 611) NO TEXTS OR DATA. I do not have Fbook or Tweeter. I went to T-Mobile store & it started working, plus they had no techs working. I went home & it stopped working again. I was going to another store with techs working when the phone started working again. I went back home & it stopped again. I drove a couple miles from home where it works & called 611. The automated support guru says there is a network outage at my billing location. No idea when it will be fixed, Just sorry for the inconvenience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

it isnt giving you an option to call in directly to TMO? you can also try contacting them  through either Facebook or Twitter..