Solved

Voice Mail Notification badge on Galaxy S8.

• 5 March 2018
  • 5 replies

I cannot figure out how to enable the voicemail notification badge on my T-Mobile Galaxy S8 phone.  I keep missing messages!  Help!

icon

Best answer by bananarama.cfl 13 March 2018, 00:22

I found a few mentions in the community, some mentioned Digits, some didn't. Also found a few mentions in a Google search.

I tried the fix in the link you provided. My app was already up to date, so I deleted it, re-installed, and created a new shortcut for the app. That did the trick and I am now getting notifications.

Thank you for your help.

View original

5 replies

Hey there!

Are you using the native voicemail app? If so, the notification should just automatically appear at the top! Does anything show up in the way of a notification? Are you having issues with any other notification types?

-Lauren

This started happening with the last update I got from T-Mobile. It has been widely reported and I hope T-Mobile engineers are paying attention and fix it with the next update. There are no notification settings within the app itself & the app notifications are "allowed" within system settings.

Userlevel 6

Hrmm. I double checked and we don't have a known issue listed for voicemail notification trouble after the most recent update! Where were you seeing the reports of this trouble, @bananarama.cfl​? I'm happy to forward the feedback if we've got more examples! 😊
I did some searching in our Community and found several DIGITS related threads, and this one from a user with an S7 -- would either of you be able to take a look at the steps that worked for the OP here and see if they work for you as well?
No Missed Call or Voicemail Notifications on Galaxy S7 after Nougat Update
I'd also love to know what troubleshooting you've already tried out -- which menu flow you're using to confirm that notifications are enabled, and whether or not you've had the opportunity to test in Safe Mode and/or try a factory reset since the update. Thank you both so much!

I found a few mentions in the community, some mentioned Digits, some didn't. Also found a few mentions in a Google search.

I tried the fix in the link you provided. My app was already up to date, so I deleted it, re-installed, and created a new shortcut for the app. That did the trick and I am now getting notifications.

Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 6

That's awesome, I'm glad it worked! I hope that it doesn't crop up again, but at least we know that recommendation is helpful just in case! 😊 Thanks so much for stopping back by to let us know.