Question

Voicemail notifications and OnePlus 9 Pro software updates

• 24 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

Last couple of times I seen I missed a call and never heard it ring. I did fix that issue why sound was turned down not sure. I discovered those missed calls did leave voicemail and that notification is not showing up. Came here to investigate and found issues with the software for  the phone OnePlus 9 Pro.

For the voicemail: When a voicemail is left there is no notifications showing for voicemail just a missed call. I have tried different things to get notifications to show but nothing has worked and went to the extreme and uninstalled the T-Mobile VVM knowing that I can always reinstall it later. That did not work, and yes restarted the phone several times and used the house phone to leave messages. If I know there is a voicemail I can retrieve and found them calling voicemail or using the VVM, I just want to know there is a message. Read where others have had this issue but could not find a simple way of fixing this issue.

For software update: Question on this is if there is an update and T-Mobile does not provide it as quickly as OnePlus can you download the new update through OnePlus website? I am there and it goes into detail how to download to computer then to phone. Not something I plan to do at this time since I am not having any issues with the software unless it deals with the voicemail. Just reading where others have had issues with a new update that has caused them issues and the update is months older then what is available and thought to ask for future reference.

Only have the phone less than a month and so far everything has been fine for me till I discovered notifications for voicemail not showing.

6 replies

Exact same issue. When phone upgraded from Android 11 to 12, got notification of eight voice mail messages, but that was it. After upgrate to 12, only ‘missed call’ shows, no voice mail notification. This should be considered an urgent issue.

Ugh. Would seem the (T-Mobile) Visual Voicemail app must be enabled for any voice mail notifications to show up, even if you want to just call the voice mail number and not use the app.

Badge

same exact issue for me.  Tmobile oneplus 9 pro, upgraded to android 12, got notification of voicemail messages one time.  never get notifications of new voicemails.

tried enabling visual voicemail, allowed notifications.  Still no notifications.

Badge

Not sure if you found a fix but I had the exact same problem with the oneplus 9 pro.

Visual voicemail is NOT needed.  I believe they just say that so some people will eventually sign up for premium services.

Here is what worked… Tmobile tech support needs to completely reset your voicemail.  You will lose any saved voicemail messages.  Then reboot your phone and now voicemail notification now shows up on the top of the phone display as a little blue phone icon, just to the right of the time.  It just took me 2 hours of tech support for them to comprehend the problem and then fix this.  Again, visual voicemail is NOT needed.

Same issue. Also, I don’t get text notifications, my voicemails don’t show up in visual voicemail right away. Sometimes it takes more than a week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I don’t have any issues getting voicemail notifications through the Google Dialer and those voicemails are playable directly from my device.  The difference is, my device is going to stay on Android 11 until Android 13 is officially released.