Question

what does code mean

• 10 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

“Connection problem or invalid MMI code” What causes this message and what does it mean. Presently  phone show it’s dialing and it never rings the number.

4 replies

Badge

So if I go to my keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy A35 5G phone and press “1”, I use to go straight to voicemail.  Now I get a message that “Service is Restricted, VN201C065”.    Same thing happens on my wife’s phone now. (Moto e)  She gets a message that says, “Connection Problem or Invalid MMI code”.  

Both phones still dial voice mail if you hit the item in your call log on the screen.  Both phones also work to voicemail if you manually dial the 1-805 number to voicemail.

I changed our phone plans to the Go5G Military plan last month.  Not sure if it occurred then or later.

Any help?

If you type in the wrong code on your phone for a particular characteristic (such as calling forwarding) you'll get an "Invalid MMI Code." It's also possible to get an "Invalid MMI Code" message after you've entered the correct information in the event that you're not subscribed to the feature or service by your service provider. 

For instance, some carriers provide the ability to forward calls as a standard feature however, others require you to pay an additional fee to use the service. If your phone is compatible with making these codes, make sure that the data entered into this code matches and you're eligible to use the feature or service.

If you are receiving an invalid MMI code message and confirmed that you have completed the correct code and are eligible to use the service or feature The subscriber Identification Module Card, also known as a SIM could be damaged. 

If it is the carrier will replace the SIM card on your behalf. If you suspect you've got an incompatible SIM and you are unsure, go to the nearest retail store and request them to test the SIM card. You can also contact your carrier via telephone or email and request that a new one is issued to you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

https://www.gizbot.com/how-to/tips-tricks/5-ways-fix-connection-problem-or-invalid-mmi-code-error-with-ussd-035723.html