What's taking so long with Android 12

• 9 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Android 13 is expected to had a developer build soon and many of us still don’t have Android 12; what’s taking so long?  I’m on a OnePlus 8t+; I have neither the time nor inclination to install a different build but getting sick of waiting so long for software updates.  

5 replies

Same boat here, that's the problem from buying directly from the carrier. I wanted to buy from manufacturer directly but the deal was too good to let it pass but will consider next time though. There's a way to install the international ROM but usually breaks some features of the phone. That's why I haven't done it.

I have a TMobile OnePlus 9 Pro. I got my child's mother a OnePlus 8 unlocked for Christmas. I was still on the November patch of 11. She was updated to December patch of 11 before even being activated on a carrier. On wifi it updated... I was rather surprised the unlocked 8 received precedence over a TMobile 9 pro... Didn't expect that. Definitely going back to unlocked phones...

Badge

Yeah I used to always root in the old days but really don’t want to lose GPay, so no more.  

Android 13 is around the corner, and T-Mobile still hasn't pushed out Android 12 for OnePlus 8t devices. I am so disappointed in T-Mobile and OnePlus. This will be the last phone I buy from a carrier. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

with all the problems most devices are running into with 12 i wouldnt be too upset about not getting it just yet.