Question

When I send a group text, the same text comes back to me. How do I turn that off?

When in a group chat, I send the initial text and it goes to 2 individuals. When the response from my fellow T-Mobile user comes in, I'm attached to it and each response that I send I also get a copy of. This is very annoying and I'd like it to stop; how do I turn this off?

13 replies

Greetings!

Does it come back to you in an individual message, or simply send to you and then group itself within the group messages?

Thanks!

-Lauren

It comes back as a part of the group text; my message appears twice in the group text. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 7:09 PM, tmo_lauren<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support Community

When I send a group text, the same text comes back to me. How do I turn that off?

created by tmo_lauren in LG G Stylo - View the full discussion

Greetings!

Does it come back to you in an individual message, or simply send to you and then group itself within the group messages?

Thanks!

-Lauren

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in LG G Stylo by email or at T-Mobile Support

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Use a different messaging app like Google messenger.

Hmm, that's strange.

Are you using the native texting app? Or a third party like hand cent?

-Lauren

Just wanted to check in again and see if you found a resolution!

-Lauren

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It's always the native app ironically.  Switch over to a 3rd party app and poof it's gone.  I happens in spurts on the stock messengers.  HTC 10, and my S7E does it from time to time.

Hello.  No i have not found the solution and will have to go in to a Tmobile store to get it resolved. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 12:20 PM, tmo_lauren<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:

|

T-Mobile Support Community

created by tmo_lauren in LG G Stylo - View the full discussion

Just wanted to check in again and see if you found a resolution!

-Lauren

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in LG G Stylo by email or at T-Mobile Support

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

|

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Use a different SMS app. Like google messenger.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hey @kashac just dropping by to share a few thoughts. If this happening with the native app only, have you tried clearing the cache and restarting the phone? It's possible that resetting would be the last step, but I'm curious if you've gone to the store already to get this resolved. Keep us posted so we can help. Thanks.

I just switched my phone over to T-Mobile and just noticed this same issue. I went into the settings for messages and noticed the phone number it was showing was not my number. Perhaps it was the temporary number before they ported my number over.

I changed the number to my phone number, and this has seemed to stop the duplicate messages.

Funkball, you rock. Spent three days trying to figure this out and you nailed it.

I have a resolution for this for those who aren't able to update the "About phone" section of their device. After Funkball's identification of the problem, I worked with customer service via Twitter for a solution.

Clearing cache and factory reset did nothing. It turns out it was a bug in the SIM card. I went into a store and replaced the SIM card. Replacing the SIM card updated my number in my phone and the problem was resolved. If you have this problem make sure they don't charge you $20 for the card, as the defective SIM card is on their end and not your fault. Good luck!

Score, thanks!