Solved

When will Android 12 be out for Galaxy Note20 Ultra?

• 27 November 2021
  • 24 replies

Badge

Wondering when Android 12 update will be available for the Note20 Ultra 5G? I'm ready for it!

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 5 January 2022, 19:40

View original

24 replies

I would certainly hope very damn quickly. The S 20 and S 21 have already started rolling it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Samsung would be the best place to get that answer.  Considering the mess Google has created with Android 12.  You should hope it isn’t for a while.  More than likely though, some time after the launch of the S22’s.  

Verizon has rolled out the release. I hope T-Mo can follow quickly. Sad to see Big Red quicker than Magenta.

Userlevel 1

Samsung would be the best place to get that answer.  Considering the mess Google has created with Android 12.  You should hope it isn’t for a while.  More than likely though, some time after the launch of the S22’s.  

Samsung has finished it. It's TMobile that's dragging its feet. Just like the fold 3 update which has been released for a week on every other carrier - both locked and unlocked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Verizon has rolled out the release. I hope T-Mo can follow quickly. Sad to see Big Red quicker than Magenta.

not really..whoever clears the update the fastest with their tests for major bugs etc tends to be the first place winners..less issues the quicker the go ahead from that carrier for the OEM to kick it out..the more bugs they contain then you can probably put two and two together on whats going to happen with that update..

Userlevel 1

not really..whoever clears the update the fastest with their tests for major bugs etc tends to be the first place winners..less issues the quicker the go ahead from that carrier for the OEM to kick it out..the more bugs they contain then you can probably put two and two together on whats going to happen with that update..

If this were true then the unlocked Fold 3s would have received their update already. They have on every other network worldwide and yet not on T-Mobile. The unlocked software doesn't differ between carriers so the one sent to T-Mobile for approval wouldn't have any bugs that the other carriers wouldn't have and yet it's been released for them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you forgot to include the part where each carrier must add in all their junk/and requirements that are NOT the same as the other carriers add ons..which shouldnt be much of a shocker that this would also be where many issues are brought in..

Userlevel 1

you forgot to include the part where each carrier must add in all their junk/and requirements that are NOT the same as the other carriers add ons..which shouldnt be much of a shocker that this would also be where many issues are brought in..

No, the unlocked software does not include any of that. It is the same across all US carriers. Even if that were true, it would still be quite disappointing from TMobile as it's been released on literally every other carrier across the world by now. From Serbia to Russia and every in between. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

one of my favorite go to run downs on how exactly updates are handled from start to finish..which again..EVERY manufacturer does it exactly the same way whether they admit it or not..

https://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/26/awesome-infographic-htc-shows-us-the-anatomy-of-an-android-os-update-from-pdk-to-ota/

Badge

Past experience has been that T-Mobile lags behind Verizon and ATT by as much as several weeks. T-Mobile (if they actually say anything, which they usually don’t) will no doubt point fingers at Samsung, but as previously mentioned, the clock started ticking yesterday when Verizon pushed it out. Now we’re just waiting for T-Mobile.

Userlevel 1

one of my favorite go to run downs on how exactly updates are handled from start to finish..which again..EVERY manufacturer does it exactly the same way whether they admit it or not..

https://www.droid-life.com/2013/12/26/awesome-infographic-htc-shows-us-the-anatomy-of-an-android-os-update-from-pdk-to-ota/

None of this excuses T-Mobile from being the last one to release an update out of the many carriers around the world. I could flash the Google fi build and it would be identical to the one I will get OTA when T-Mobile decides to give a damn. They aren't fixing bugs, they are not doing their jobs in a timely fashion which shoes their lack of respect for their customers.

Also that info graphic is from 2013 and from a device manufacturer that doesn't exist any longer. Much is still the same but a lot has changed as well. Not sure why you are so dead set on trying to excuse T-Mobile here. Any rational person can see that they have failed. The unlocked software that will be released OTA is identical to one pushed out to unlocked phones today for every other carrier worldwide. They have no excuse now. The build was finalized on December 22, 2021.

Badge

I could flash the Google fi build and it would be identical to the one I will get OTA when T-Mobile decides to give a damn.

I agree with everything @Gr1m5 wrote here except my understanding is that a future T-Mobile OTA would not install over a build that was sourced elsewhere. I am happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

From the device support web page:

“Your device has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.”

I am confused though since I am also under the impression that there are no longer any carrier-specific builds.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Also that info graphic is from 2013 and from a device manufacturer that doesn't exist any longer. Much is still the same but a lot has changed as well. Not sure why you are so dead set on trying to excuse T-Mobile here. Any rational person can see that they have failed. The unlocked software that will be released OTA is identical to one pushed out to unlocked phones today for every other carrier worldwide. They have no excuse now. The build was finalized on December 22, 2021.

that might be from 2013...and also from a manufacturer that is no longer around..still doesnt change the fact that that is still how its handled..

so why come into here throwing a tantrum instead of flashing Google Fis build? if its that highly important to you then you would do it your way instead of waiting on the painfully slow TMO to do it for you.. or would you rather keep goose stomping around when it wont make TMO kick it out any faster?

you keep tossing out other countries yet forget to say that they get them about a month roughly before any US people do...been this way for ages..has yet to change..as is once one of the carriers kicks out a OS update its usually within a week or so the other carriers start kicking them out..again..not exactly new..

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I could flash the Google fi build and it would be identical to the one I will get OTA when T-Mobile decides to give a damn.

I agree with everything @Gr1m5 wrote here except my understanding is that a future T-Mobile OTA would not install over a build that was sourced elsewhere. I am happy to be corrected if I’m wrong.

From the device support web page:

“Your device has non-T-Mobile software, and it is unsupported. The manufacturer and T-Mobile cannot update your software.”

I am confused though since I am also under the impression that there are no longer any carrier-specific builds.

each carrier puts in requests for specific things like network adjustments etc..so the base part of the updates are the same..its what the carriers request to be added on after that. which would be #7 in the link i provided above.

Badge

Well no real answer here from anyone who knows Jack about tmobile releasing Android 12. I am running beta 3 and there should be no reason tmobile is holding back the release. If your on AT&T I have heard testimony to set your date 2 weeks ahead and they get it within hours. Don't work with TMobile though.  Might be time to switch to Verizon. TMobile isn't even updating their Android 12 site.  Most phones are sitting in Manufacturing. What are we paying them for. Get busy and get the upgrade out. Your disappointing the customers.

I agree with everyone. Something is wrong with TMO development team. I was looking for monthly security updates for my Note and I noticed that Samsung released December security patch for TMO in the middle of last year but it was never posted. I am guessing there are some internal issues that they are not talking about that hinder releases of the updates

Badge

I got the usual back and forth. I chatted with tmo they said they are waiting on samsung, I chatted with samsung they said it's already been released to tmo. I just wish once we could get the truth. Just say it won't be out till xxxx date. I think its crazy that att and Verizon have it already out to their customers and we dont.

Badge

I agree with everyone. Something is wrong with TMO development team. I was looking for monthly security updates for my Note and I noticed that Samsung released December security patch for TMO in the middle of last year but it was never posted. I am guessing there are some internal issues that they are not talking about that hinder releases of the updates

Still on Nov release for security as well

The update dropped this morning 😎. Enjoy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

t

you keep tossing out other countries yet forget to say that they get them about a month roughly before any US people do...been this way for ages..has yet to change..as is once one of the carriers kicks out a OS update its usually within a week or so the other carriers start kicking them out..again..not exactly new..

weird..just a tad over a week later after the first carrier kicked it out..

According to the article @ the link I've provided, the update has been available in the U.S. for at least 2 days now... but T-Mobile wants to say that it's still in development?! COME ON AND GET WITH IT T-MOBILE!!! I'm stuck on the beta right now and ready to get on the official build. As a company that's trying to lead the pack of carriers as "The Un-Carrier," and always had been the first in the past to launch new software releases, you're not doing great right now. See the link below for a list of countries that have received Android 12 on all Samsung devices.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/list-countries-where-galaxy-note-20-series-received-android-12-update/amp/?utm_source=telegram

Well no real answer here from anyone who knows Jack about tmobile releasing Android 12. I am running beta 3 and there should be no reason tmobile is holding back the release. If your on AT&T I have heard testimony to set your date 2 weeks ahead and they get it within hours. Don't work with TMobile though.  Might be time to switch to Verizon. TMobile isn't even updating their Android 12 site.  Most phones are sitting in Manufacturing. What are we paying them for. Get busy and get the upgrade out. Your disappointing the customers.

I wouldn't go as far as switching to Verizon. Being on Android is kinda about the freedom to do what you want on your device and Verizon locks you out of a lot of features, specifically related to direct repair and testing menu features that anyone should be able to access on their devices, but not if you're on Verizon. If you're serious, I'd go to at&t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

According to the article @ the link I've provided, the update has been available in the U.S. for at least 2 days now... but T-Mobile wants to say that it's still in development?! COME ON AND GET WITH IT T-MOBILE!!! I'm stuck on the beta right now and ready to get on the official build. As a company that's trying to lead the pack of carriers as "The Un-Carrier," and always had been the first in the past to launch new software releases, you're not doing great right now. See the link below for a list of countries that have received Android 12 on all Samsung devices.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/list-countries-where-galaxy-note-20-series-received-android-12-update/amp/?utm_source=telegram

you missed the posts before yours where they were starting to get it already..same day you posted this.

Badge

Been two months since people have claimed that they are recieving the update, but my at&t unlocked note 20 ultra still hasn’t received the update. Really starting to hate this carrier.