Solved

When will T-Mobile version of OnePlus 10 pro receive the OxygenOS 13 update?

• 2 November 2022
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Does anybody have an idea as to when T-Mobiles OP 10 pros will receive the OOS 13 update? I bought the phone with the understanding it's already received the Android 13 update but apparently the T-Mobile model is the only one that HASNT been updated.

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 20 December 2022, 00:55

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It will be ready when it's ready.  Once OnePlus has competed the update for the Global/NA model.  They should start work on the T-Mobile variant.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

It will be ready when it's ready.  Once OnePlus has competed the update for the Global/NA model.  They should start work on the T-Mobile variant.  

You made the same comment on the last thread that asked this question.

The Global/NA variant is now on its SECOND Stable release of OOS13. This is a problem with the T-Mobile Variant. Saying it'll be out when it's finished is very obviously extremely unhelpful.

It comes down to T-Mobile adding their bloatware to the update and finally pushing it out. This isn't a problem with OnePlus

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Considering there is a battery drain issue with c21.  December at the earliest.  T-Mobile doesn't put their bloat in the firmware.  They hand that off to OnePlus to do.  T-Mobile might do some radio testing and tweaking but that's about it.  

Userlevel 1

I am anxiously awaiting this update too. It is ridiculous how far behind we are from non-carrier OP10 users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

non-carrier devices dont have to wait for all the carrier bloat/add ons..or the all loving fun of trying to figure out which part of said bloat/add ons killed the update and created a bunch of issues...then fixing it..testing again..fixing it yet again..testing..then finally kicking it out lol.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Even the 9 has 13 before we do

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-9-pro-oxygenos-13-stable-rollout/

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

kind of weird that its even mentioned in there who is the one that actually releases it yet everyone still points at the carriers when the updates are delayed lol.

After a brief public beta run, OnePlus has started rolling out the stable OxygenOS 13 update for the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro

Although OnePlus hasn't announced the rollout officially,

only difference between carrier branded devices and the carrier free ones is the carrier devices must have whatever the carrier wants added in...which then must be tested and cleared by said carrier..so if any issues pop in due to said add ons then it must be figured out...fixed...admitted to be tested yet again..and then finally cleared to be released..

so safe to say 13 for the 10 is still not stable and running into issues.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am anxiously awaiting this update too. It is ridiculous how far behind we are from non-carrier OP10 users.

You're completely right it doesn't make sense the OnePlus 9 is already getting it but not the 10?????

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is truly pathetic. Here we have a lower level Samsung phone getting the update, but we haven’t even seen a security update. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

It got a security update today but still no Android 13!!

Userlevel 2
Badge

It got a security update today but still no Android 13!!

Same here!

Any updates for Android 13 on the OnePlus 10 pro. Thanks 

The unlocked OnePlus 10 Pro was the first phone got the Android 13 update (except Pixel line). The T-Mobile version is getting serious delay. This is my last T-Mobile OnePlus phone. I’ll either get a Samsung or unlocked OnePlus.

The unlocked OnePlus 10 Pro was the first phone got the Android 13 update (except Pixel line). The T-Mobile version is getting serious delay. This is my last T-Mobile OnePlus phone. I’ll either get a Samsung or unlocked OnePlus.

Right there with you.  Running around with a bleeding-edge flagship that is 11 months out of date just on SECURITY UPDATES is beyond ridiculous, and is absolutely on T-Mobile.  Although I’m sure someone will white knight for them, it is vital to note that this issue is exclusive to the t-mobile variant of the 10pro. 

For those who got a security update- what security date is displayed for you?  I still have January of 2022 as of 12/6/22 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any updates on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey all. You can keep an eye on where we are in the development cycle for the latest update by visiting our Support site. Here is the direct link to the Android updates page: Android Software Updates | T-Mobile Support

We don’t have dates listed because things can happen that can cause delays. The main update is completely developed by the manufacturer, but we have our own requirements and features that need to be added too. Sometimes we do those additions ourselves and sometimes it is part of the build that the manufacturer does. Either way, we don’t want something released that will brick your phone or cause serious headache, so lots of testing has to be done. The OnePlus 10 line is still in development, so additions and tweaks are still being made. 

Sounds like you are all doing the right thing by checking for updates regularly, so you will see it as soon as it is polished and ready. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

OnePlus 11 is being released January 4th. We can’t even get our OS updated. 

The OnePlus 11 will release in China first then the rest of the world. TMobile will probably get it in March or April 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The OnePlus 11 will release in China first then the rest of the world. TMobile will probably get it in March or April 

Even in China, the OnePlus 11 will not release on January 4th.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Not quite the point. The next model is basically ready for release and we cannot get a software update. It’s pathetic. 

Badge

So here we go into 2023 - what’s the story on getting this update?  If unlocked versions are getting updates, what are the specific reasons why this carrier version is still in development?

This whole thing is disappointing.  I needed a new phone and took the deal on this one from T-Mobile, and this is definitely the last time I’ll ever buy a carrier-locked phone.  I like the phone, but even the Android 12 version is still buggy and full of crap I can’t uninstall.  I’d love to have Android 13, and it’s hard to imagine it will run well on this phone.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

So here we go into 2023 - what’s the story on getting this update?  If unlocked versions are getting updates, what are the specific reasons why this carrier version is still in development?

This whole thing is disappointing.  I needed a new phone and took the deal on this one from T-Mobile, and this is definitely the last time I’ll ever buy a carrier-locked phone.  I like the phone, but even the Android 12 version is still buggy and full of crap I can’t uninstall.  I’d love to have Android 13, and it’s hard to imagine it will run well on this phone.  

carrier bloat add ons are usually the cause. they wont exnay the bloat issues or not..so it must be figured out on why its happening and then a fix for said issues..main reason you see less issues with non carrier devices updates compared to carrier purchased devices.

Badge

carrier bloat add ons are usually the cause. they wont exnay the bloat issues or not..so it must be figured out on why its happening and then a fix for said issues..main reason you see less issues with non carrier devices updates compared to carrier purchased devices.

So how about if T-Mobile tells their customers what bloat they're adding and why? If this stuff is delaying the release of a known-good version of firmware for the phone, there must be some reason. 

So @T-Mobile: What specific things are you adding to the OEM firmware? What value does that deliver to the customer? It's already stopping your customers from using their phones the way they want, so instead of just saying something meaningless like, "We want to ensure you have the best stuff," give us a list of things you're adding and what it's for. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

January 2023 and T-Mobile STILL hasn't pushed out the update. Simply embarrassing.

Make no mistake.  The delay of OOS13 to the OnePlus 10 Pro is the fault of T-Mobile 100%!  OnePlus pushed the Android 13 update to all UNLOCKED OnePlus 10 Pro phones 2 months ago!  T-Mobile got the update at the SAME TIME and have been either sitting on it, or slowly making their own carrier specific modifications and have yet to send the update to the T-Mobile variant devices.  PATHETIC.  If you want quick updates, buy UNLOCKED!  T-Mobile is ALWAYS LAST when it comes to updates.