Question

Where is the April security patch for unlocked Galaxy S22 Ultra?

• 15 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Owners of T-Mobile locked S22 Ultras are saying that they’ve received the April security patch 5 days ago.  I have yet to see it available for my unlocked version.  T-Mobile seems to make our unlocked phones a lower priority for security patches.  This happened last year with my unlocked Note 20 Ultra where T-Mobile provided no security patches at all from June until September (3 months)!  One would think that they would try to take care of owners of unlocked phones as well since we can easily take our business to another carrier if we aren’t happy with T-Mobile’s seeming lack of concern about our security.

3 replies

I couldn't agree more - other carriers have had this update for nearly a week ! What the heck ?????

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I couldn't agree more - other carriers have had this update for nearly a week ! What the heck ?????

for the unlocked devices on their network or for their carrier devices?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Owners of T-Mobile locked S22 Ultras are saying that they’ve received the April security patch 5 days ago.  I have yet to see it available for my unlocked version.  T-Mobile seems to make our unlocked phones a lower priority for security patches.  This happened last year with my unlocked Note 20 Ultra where T-Mobile provided no security patches at all from June until September (3 months)!  One would think that they would try to take care of owners of unlocked phones as well since we can easily take our business to another carrier if we aren’t happy with T-Mobile’s seeming lack of concern about our security.

security patches get kicked out to all no matter unlocked or carrier specific..its a security patch..not an update..those are kicked out in batches..

now if we were talking about actual updates then yes..the unlocked variant wont get the same update as the device purchased directly from the carrier..THOSE would be different.