Question

Why hasn't tmobile pushed the update to fix MS intune passport?

• 25 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

There is an issue in the oneplus version of android 12 that prevents microsoft intune passport from functioning properly. oneplus has fixed this for unlocked phones (c47 update), however, tmobile has not yet pushed this update. So I have a $1000 phone that I can’t use for work, because it won’t authenticate. It is a known issue and tmobile has done NOTHING to help.  https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/microsoft-intune-company-portal-app-not-in-compliance-after-oneplus-9-pro-upgraded-to-android-12.1533414/

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile doesn’t compile or push updates for any devices.  Those are taken care of by the devices manufacturer.  OnePlus development teams are very small.  Usually 5 people or less per device model, which includes all variants.  Working on the Global/NA, then EU, Indian, China, and carrier variants is a lot for a small team to focus on, so builds are going to get updates well before others.  

That’s not Correct 

The Device Manufacturer did issue a new version of the Oxygen version C47, solving the problme back in March but T-Mobile is not enabling the software update

This is getting beyond absurd.  I find posts online that show the version that is supposed to work for the OnePlus 9 Pro, but T-Mobile has not pushed the update through yet.  I am checking multiple times a day to try to get the update.

40% of what I do on my phone is for work.  Work has policies that won’t even allow email (Office 365) unless the device is marked “compliant”

I have went weeks without access to work email, calendar, and documents on my phone.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

That’s not Correct 

The Device Manufacturer did issue a new version of the Oxygen version C47, solving the problme back in March but T-Mobile is not enabling the software update

probably because they must also pass a variant of it that is compatible with each carrier..if that variant passes testing then it gets kicked out..if it doesnt pass or runs into issues then its kicked back to OP in this case and they must figure out whats happening and fix it.

as its been since for well...ever..