Solved

Why no Bluetooth Tethering on S9+?

• 10 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Hey T-Mobile, can you enable Bluetooth Tethering on the S9+?

The non T-Mobile version has it, why did you remove the functionality?

I need it to connect to my Volvo car. Makes no sense to remove this.

icon

Best answer by dragon1562 10 April 2018, 19:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

It is not just the S9 that is missing this feature it goes all the way back to the S6 when it comes to T-mobile phones. I don't know about other phones but what I do know is that you can download a 3rd party app from the play store that will add the functionality for you.

Thank you, this helps. But shame on T-Mobile for removing the feature.

Actually, this didn't work for me. Community-1​ what's your take on this?

Userlevel 4

Hey there!

It doesn't appear we formally requested the removal, so it may be something along the lines of Samsung not developing anything native for our tethering system. Do you know if other stateside versions of the S9+ include it? Typically "World" versions of devices will include features that US versions of devices for all carriers don't always boast.

-Lauren

Userlevel 4

Hey @pmasl

As @tmo_lauren mentioned, this was not a decision that we made but one that Samsung chose to not enable. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes you 😥 I home that you are able to find a 3rd party app that will suit your needs as @dragon1562 mentioned.

Will i think that they remove is because of the hotspot i found the tethering in the settings next to the device you want to pair up to