Solved

Will Tmobile carrier Nexus 6p or 5x

Their have been mixed rumors out their can anyone tell me if rumor is true. Will I only be able to buy google new Nexus device from the google store.

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 30 October 2015, 18:43

At this time, Google has chosen to carry the devices exclusively through them! 😊

But you can certainly still bring them to our network!

View original

13 replies

I too would like clarification on this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

No they will not. Google already stated this in their press release of these devices.

Userlevel 5

At this time, Google has chosen to carry the devices exclusively through them! 😊

But you can certainly still bring them to our network!

Well, hopefully they will lift the exclusive at some point. Buying a Nexus with EIP is really nice!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Don't think it will happen.

Google is NOT releasing nexus phone with T-mobile because T-mobile is screwing nexus 6 by not releasing Android-6 even after a month. It is not informing us the reason for the delay. Great decision by google.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Source?

If that was the case then Google would have done it long ago against all carriers since the Nexus 4. Seriously...

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

FYI the choice was made long before the release of the Nexus devices. The Nexus 6 they learned having multiple venues is a logistic nightmare for companies. Unless it's Samsung or Apple these companies can't churn out devices for that many venues.

The decision was made before 6.0 and the new Nexus were even out of preorder. They had no knowing how long it would take to push 6.0 on their Nexus 6 devices.

If you want the update so bad flash the zip file(exactly the same file) or use the factory image. They are homogenized again.

Sure, bring them to the network, where we will be told T-Mobile's bands are incompatible with the phone.  Apparently there's not enough money for T-Mobile in carrying Google Nexus phones.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Actually it's because Google doesn't want to sell them at carriers as it was a logistic nightmare with the Nexus 6.  It isn't about money, and never was.

Also they all work and people are using it right now, and works on all T-Mobile bands.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Oh and Wi-Fi calling works

Just to clarify is WiFi working on the nexus 6p? Not an independent app but built into the OS...

I was looking for the old school UMA on the fly stuff with t-mobile not an independent app using another service.

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Yes, and I own BOTH.

The old school UMA is hardware based and the last device to have that was BB, but WiFi calling is built into the OS.