Worst update ever

• 11 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I've always been a huge fan of OnePlus. The battery life has always been great and the OS being very simple to use as well. A few days ago I woke up and I received the new Android 12 update to my OnePlus 9. Everything looked completely different. My favorites in my contacts were rearranged. I almost didn't recognize my own phone. Being a business owner and running my business from my phone this has been a huge adjustment and inconvenience. On top of that the battery life has been sucked from this device. I don't know if the update has turned on applications that run constantly in the background but it is killing my battery. There needs to be a new solution to this update! Extremely frustrated and unable to stand by the brand OnePlus any longer.

4 replies

I agree. It changed a lot of stuff and not for the better. 

the android 12 update screwed up my text messaging also wiped out my contacts. how do i uninstall this update and go back to android 11

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the android 12 update screwed up my text messaging also wiped out my contacts. how do i uninstall this update and go back to android 11

check on the OnePlus forums. they should have a tool to roll it back to 11.

actually… @syaoran  would know where said tool is and how difficult it is to do

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Look for.the MSM Tool for your device.  You will need the OnePlus drivers and Qualcomm drivers and it will 100% wipe your device.  ADB helps too as it is easier to type the command, ADB reboot edl, than it is to try the button combo.