Question

5G drags my phone down

• 19 October 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Just moved over from Sprint to T-Mobile and upgraded my iPhone SE to the iPhone 13. I live on Long Island NY north shore area and found that my phone service ever since the switch over is really not as reliable and stable, I also found that with the new iPhone 13 that 5G is really useless and drags my phone down to the point where I can’t even watch a YouTube Clip. I turned off the 5G and I’m just running on LTE.  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problems? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This happens quite often depending on where you live. I had a 5G phone but my 4G phone had better data speeds so i got rid of the 5G phone.

Badge

OMG!! Just rote this big thing and hit send but something popped up saying sorry something went wrong!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

i think some bug fixes and adjustments are coming in the near future for the 13… if you look at the thread above yours you’ll see that this isnt a random deal..new phones usually end up with some kind of bug fix/adjustments to how it reads the network updates within the first few weeks of its release..ish.

Badge

I’m going to stick with T-Mobile for at least a year before I would really think about switching because I think they still have a lot of sites to upgrade and or take over. It’s just frustrating sometimes that I can’t even leave my driveway with out dropping a call now and not being able to drive to work again with out dropping a call with loss of service. Sprint was very very good where I live and work, you could go pretty much any where including the basement of some buildings and still have service. I am looking forward to seeing how T-Mobile works upstate because I herd from some people that it works pretty good and the speeds are even better. I stayed with Sprint from all the way back to Nextel days so I’m thinking that T-Mob really can only get better in my area hopefully. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

with all the towers they acquired with the merger they should have a pretty decent amount of them to upgrade..some will be taken off line due to covering over TMO towers already in place so reception for some might change up a bit.

it’ll be interesting for sure to see how they work it compared to the numerous upgrades/launches Sprint did over the years.

Badge

Update. 
So far I find myself turning off the 5G and leaving it off more times the not on Long Island and upstate NY. I found that 5G definitely doesn’t work if you go into stores and buildings, shows you got 5G sig but you are unable to talk / text on the phone. So for my personal use and the places I live and work I found that Sprint was a more reliable and stable cell service. Put it in gear T-Mobile.