Solved

After upgrading my iPhone6 to ios 10.2.1 I cannot get network coverage anymore

Hi, so I upgraded my ios system yesterday to ios 10.2.1, and since then my iphone hasn't been able to find any networks. It just keeps saying 'searching'. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and if the problem is ios or if it is my phone. Thank you!!!

icon

Best answer by snn_555 6 February 2017, 03:33

Typically Apple will email a secure link to a one-on-one chat where they screen-share with you as you troubleshoot via iTunes and other methods.  In my situation they checked for data ability such as iMessage, email push, and phone call ability over VoLTE.  If all that works, it's typically not a software issue and is the carrier's issue to resolve.  I did not know about the lack of wireless signal via T-Mobile to ask.  It's possible that both issues are caused by the update, but Apple's software and T-Mobile's provisioning would both have to work together to figure out a resolution.  I would suspect that given the number of iOS users on T-Mobile and that there would be numerous returns within 14 day purchase windows, that both companies would make haste to rectify.  (Of course, most users don't even know they aren't getting VVM notifications, but assuredly users with no signal would notice.)

What would make this easier would be a unified support page for known issues, even though neither would want to openly acknowledge a mass issue, but at least users would have a direction to go and not waste a week on chat, phone, social media, email and other venues of support.

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @albusfg‌!  I'm sorry to read that the update caused some issues for you!  How is everything going now - were you able to get it to connect to the network?  Have you taken any steps to troubleshoot this issue so far?

- Marissa

i upgraded my iphone 6 to 10.2.1 as well same problem done every trouble shoot option still doesnt fix it please help

What have you tried so far?

ive restarted my phone multiple times took my sim out multiple times reset network settings plenty of times reset all settings

i also have restored my phone and still hasnt worked

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Could just be the update, as I am having issues myself on 10.2.1

iOS Push Notifications Known Issue (MWI)

so will it ever get updated and will it be from apple or tmobile

Userlevel 6

@zachsmitty11‌ we have the MWI issue that @snn_555‌ linked to listed as a known issue, but so far I'm not seeing any internal reports of users losing network connectivity after the update - it's not listed as a known or emerging issue, so that's a little concerning.  Is your phone a T-Mobile iPhone?  Have you tested it in multiple locations since the update, or just at home (is it possible that this issue is location specific)?  Do you have any friends or family you'd be able to swap SIMs with to see if your SIM works in another device/if your phone does find a network with someone else's SIM inserted?

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

There may be some issues related to the last update that tie in together.  I'm sure this will be fixed soon, as it has been almost a month since 10.2.1 came out.

yes i bought my phone from a tmobile store and ive went to other places and hasnt stoped saying searching or no service and i havent had any sim card problems been perfect service until i updated

Userlevel 6

Gotcha @zachsmitty11‌.  😥  I'm so sorry to hear about that.  I was thinking you'd be able to rule out a SIM issue by testing yours in an alternate, because to be honest, you've otherwise run the entire troubleshooting gauntlet - including every step that Apple provides‌ on their support site for folks who are reporting similar issues there.  Since you've done the restore and it's still not working, if you're confident that there's no way it's the SIM, the last step I can recommend would be that you Community-2153 so that we can try resetting your network connection on our side on the off chance that all of your tests didn't accomplish that.  Truthfully, it's also important that our Tech team hear about this - if this is something that's cropping up, we'll need reports so that we know!  Please keep us posted on the outcome!

- Marissa

ive contacted tmobile and told them about the issue and they refreshed my connection on there side and it didnt do anything i just hope it will maybe fix its self or tmobile or apple fix it. its been a very big hassle

Userlevel 6

Yikes @zachsmitty11‌ - I'd say having 0 network connection is more than just a big hassle, that's a huge problem.  How long ago did you purchase your phone?  If it was more than a year ago, are you carrying insurance on your line that would extend the manufacturer's one year warranty?  If there's an option to have it replaced since you've determined that it's definitely not working, then any option should be explored.  Even though it seems we haven't registered enough reports to have this listed as an issue internally, I did see several similar threads on Apple's support site - have you reached out to them directly?

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Why not use the iPhone/iTunes recovery mode and just roll back to 10.1.1 ipsw?

you think that would work @snn_555

Userlevel 6

To be honest @snn_555, that's partly why I was wondering what Apple might recommend with this issue, and also if they'd be able to say whether they're noticing a trend.

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Typically Apple will email a secure link to a one-on-one chat where they screen-share with you as you troubleshoot via iTunes and other methods.  In my situation they checked for data ability such as iMessage, email push, and phone call ability over VoLTE.  If all that works, it's typically not a software issue and is the carrier's issue to resolve.  I did not know about the lack of wireless signal via T-Mobile to ask.  It's possible that both issues are caused by the update, but Apple's software and T-Mobile's provisioning would both have to work together to figure out a resolution.  I would suspect that given the number of iOS users on T-Mobile and that there would be numerous returns within 14 day purchase windows, that both companies would make haste to rectify.  (Of course, most users don't even know they aren't getting VVM notifications, but assuredly users with no signal would notice.)

What would make this easier would be a unified support page for known issues, even though neither would want to openly acknowledge a mass issue, but at least users would have a direction to go and not waste a week on chat, phone, social media, email and other venues of support.

Userlevel 5

Happy Saturday, @albusfg and @zachsmitty11!

@snn_555 has posted some super helpful info on this thread. Have you had a chance to chat with Apple about this, as recommended? Please keep us updated with your situation.