Solved

after you receive comfirmation email for unlock, and the 24 hrs pass. can we put another carriers sim card already after the 24hrs or do you have to erase and restore from a backup on a computer to get it to unlock?

• 7 April 2017
  • 4 replies

lets say after the 24 hrs if i take my iphone again to another carrier and if it says that message "your sim is not supported" or something like that what do we do? email that i got doesn't really specify.

icon

Best answer by orodrig23 8 April 2017, 01:11

Once you get the confirmation email you simply need to insert a non T-Mobile SIM card to complete the unlock. You will see the other carrier up where the signal bars are.

In many cases, just a few hours after making the unlock request (even before receiving the confirmation email) the device is unlocked. Apple is fairly quick about their device network unlocks (for the most part).

It's recommended (not required) to back up your device. I recommend it personally. What may happen which has been rare in my experience: is that you may have to connect your device to iTunes to complete the unlock. But again, that has been a rare occurrence in my experience.

View original

4 replies

Once you get the confirmation email you simply need to insert a non T-Mobile SIM card to complete the unlock. You will see the other carrier up where the signal bars are.

In many cases, just a few hours after making the unlock request (even before receiving the confirmation email) the device is unlocked. Apple is fairly quick about their device network unlocks (for the most part).

It's recommended (not required) to back up your device. I recommend it personally. What may happen which has been rare in my experience: is that you may have to connect your device to iTunes to complete the unlock. But again, that has been a rare occurrence in my experience.

Hi! May I know how the confirmation email looks like? Is it just the email with step by step to unlock our device?

Hey how did this one go ? , i do have same issue with my two devices i bought from T-MOBILE and completely paid it off , Tmobile rep.confirmed the device is unlocked from their end , but still it doesn't work with another sim card , reseted my devices several times but no result . is TMobile playing with me or ?? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I'm sorry that the unlock process is giving you a hard time.  Did you receive the e-mail with unlock instructions?  If so, how long after you received the e-mail did you insert the other carrier's SIM?  As a general rule, I always recommend folks go ahead and perform the backup to iTunes and restore option when attempting to unlock an Apple device as it seems to be more successful. (This has just been my experience.)