Question

Anyone else having issues sending/receiving picture messages from Iphone to Droid?

Badge

Recently switched to Tmobile,  another family member got an iphone, I had to get a Galaxy, and now we cannot send or receive picture messages from one another.  I went to the store and they said “ they were having tower issues” but when I called customer service it showed no issues.   They suggested using a different messaging platform… I don’t have time for that and my family member barely can use the messaging app let alone another thing to remember.  

HELP PLEASE!!

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What texting app are you using?  If you are using the default Samsung Messages app.  Try Android Messages by Google.  If you still can't send MMS, make sure RCS is disabled.  Most of the issues with texts between iPhone's and Android are on the Apple side.

Badge

I am using the messages by google.   Let me try to switch apps when I get home.   Her I messages are turned off.  It worked once when we flipped it to airplane mode, but haven’t had a lot of time to deal with it lately.  Thank you for the help!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i dont have any issues with texts to/from iphones. .i have 4 that hammer me with texts daily..zero issues with Googles Messages. and theyre on a different carrier than i am.

I have had this same issue for a while now whether I’m on the Wi-Fi or not. I have to send a picture to my employer multiple times a day who has android and I have to send it like 10 times before it goes through. This is so annoying. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have had this same issue for a while now whether I’m on the Wi-Fi or not. I have to send a picture to my employer multiple times a day who has android and I have to send it like 10 times before it goes through. This is so annoying. 

are they on TMO or on another carrier..for what its worth this happening isnt a carrier specific deal..you see the same reports over at V and ATT forums about each other.

I’m having the same problem on iPhone. Still haven’t figured it out. I’m using messages/iMessage app for texting. I’m sending the photos to iPhones. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so youre having issues sending texts from a iphone to an iphone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’m having the same problem on iPhone. Still haven’t figured it out. I’m using messages/iMessage app for texting. I’m sending the photos to iPhones. 

Are you sending using data?  iMessage needs data to function properly.  If you are using WiFi, try turning it off.

Sorry photos is my problem, not texts. Sorry misread the earlier message. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so your issue is MMS and not SMS.

same issue with group texts by chance?

I’ve been with tmobil and apple techs on the phone for over a week about this problem

of group messaging.

One suggested to change SIM card or do a factory reset.

I changed the Tmobil Sim and it worked for while and then

it crashed.

I am going to call them again.

I’ve been with tmobil and apple techs on the phone for over a week about this problem

of group messaging.

One suggested to change SIM card or do a factory reset.

I changed the Tmobil Sim and it worked for while and then

it crashed.

I am going to call them again.

Honestly you aren’t the only one having issues sending pictures or videos. I’ve been reading a lot about it on and off this forum. I have the same issue, and nothing fixes it.

I’m having this same issue. Anytime I try to send pictures to a family member who has android they constantly fail to go through and I have to try numerous times before the pictures eventually go through. 

YES! And it is SERIOUSLY impacting my comedic timing!! 😠

I was having the same issue on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Annoying green bar across the top every time I tried to send a photo to anyone on Android in a text message. I went into Settings > Messages and enabled low quality image mode, but that didn’t fix it. I then also turned off iMessage, and photos started flowing, and no more green bar. This change does not seem to impact me sending or receiving messages from other iPhone/iMessage users. I think it just switches everything over to SMS/MMS.

The only option that seems to mostly work for me is to set the Settings→ Messages → Low Quality Image Mode to ON. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The only option that seems to mostly work for me is to set the Settings→ Messages → Low Quality Image Mode to ON. 

Not too sure if iMessage has a maximum file size setting, but the maximum MMS size that can be sent is less than 1,000kb.  Setting it to 999kb should be fine, if possible.  

Unfortunately the problem is squarely with Apple and iPhone, yet they say the problem is on TMobile’s end. Yet my housemate has Verizon and is having the same problem. iPhone 14’s cannot send photos to Android phones 95% of the time. It’s totally frustrating when we have both iPhones and Android phones. Low res settings on the iPhone still doesn’t work 90% of the time.

If anyone has found a fix let me know. I am tired of arguing with Apple Support

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and the usual “turn off imessage” attempts i was never a big fan of..not that i have ever owned any Apple devices..but having to turn something off in order to get things to possibly work is NOT a work around..thats loosing an ability

I am unable to send or receive any photos on my android phone through text message. I waited until this morning to send any because I supposedly went over my unlimited texting talk and data. I'm annoyed because I tried everything. I'm so angry. This has never happened before. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am unable to send or receive any photos on my android phone through text message. I waited until this morning to send any because I supposedly went over my unlimited texting talk and data. I'm annoyed because I tried everything. I'm so angry. This has never happened before. 

Do you have any data limits set in your devices data settings?  If an image is too large to send, the text will not send.  Attachments over MMS should be less than 1000Kb's to ensure they are sent and received.