Solved

Apple Trade In Program vs T-Mobile Trade In Program

• 13 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Apple is offering me $600 for my iPhone where as T-Mobile is only offering "up to" $300 for trade-in. So if I go with Apple and still choose T-Mobile as my service provider do I end up owing the balance on my old phone to T-Mobile since I'm on a payment plan or ?

icon

Best answer by magenta9952152 13 September 2019, 20:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5

You owe T-Mobile the balance. You can't trade to apple till tmo is paid in full.

I forgot I signed up for Jump! with T-Mobile so since I have Jump! I actually save more going through T-Mobile versus Apple.

Jump! is Awesome!

Magenta,

This is the exact answer I was looking for today because it was in the back of my head after helping someone else upgrade and switch from Verizon.

After doing the math, monthly payment comparison, & the final out of pocket initiating payout, there are differences. It comes down to what you can afford to pay upfront. That will have most people going to the Apple Store versus T-Mobile however after the initial purchase the monthly payments are significantly different especially with having JUMP!

For example:. He thought he could just go to the Apple Store today & get it. At this point only available ordering on their site or calling 1-800-My-Apple. Discovered that today in all of LA — Sold Out — of the 11 Pro & Pro Max in the larger storage options.

So, if I trade in my 128 GB iPhone 7 that’s in great condition, I get $350 trade in value w/T-Mo.

I want to uP^grade to the 256GB 11 Pro Max. So, I’ll keep the same specs between both. Since I have Jump, I’ll add Applecare+ in the Apple Calculation breakdown.

T-Mobile starts at 499.99 + tax here of 118.75 = 618.74 upfront w/24 months to pay off @ $16.67 additional to the monthly unlimited plan.

(This is also w/Jump Grandfathering in onto the new one. I’m unable to see where jump made any difference, unless you have a busted phone.)

Ships The 7th two day air on top of it. You won’t be waiting a month for it either!

Apple’s Trade-In Plan:.

With the same specs Apple breaks down like this for the same iPhone. $1,448.00 - 150.00 trade-in value = 1298.00 financed @ $54.08 for 24 months, 0% APR. (just setup auto pay if you go this route! If you make two late payments it can jump to

Tax 137.56 + first monthly install payment of 54.08 = $191.64 upfront payment & in your hands by Oct. 30th if I ordered it now.

Userlevel 1

snn555 wrote:

You owe T-Mobile the balance. You can't trade to apple till tmo is paid in full.

Not 100% true.

I got a replacement phone from Apple without any question. The phone was already unlocked, but I still owed money to T-Mobile. Phone has been changed, and therefore, a different IMEI that do not belong to T-Mobile.

But you are right, normally, as long as you don't own it completely, you should not be able to do it.

snn555 wrote:

Not 100% true.

I got a replacement phone from Apple without any question. The phone was already unlocked, but I still owed money to T-Mobile. Phone has been changed, and therefore, a different IMEI that do not belong to T-Mobile.

But you are right, normally, as long as you don't own it completely, you should not be able to do it.

Would T mobile have different IMEI if there was an insurance claim done on original iPhone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

only if the device is being replaced with another device.