Solved

Apple watch 3 LTE Not connecting to WIFI

• 9 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Maybe I am missing something but my watch does not connect to wifi when I am not in range of my phone and remembered wifi networks are available., It goes straight to cellular network. Anybody know a fix? I unpaired the watch, forgot networks, etc.. nothing works..

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 13 October 2017, 21:06

Interesting! This sounds like some sort of security that your work may have set up to prevent unknown devices from connecting to the network. I would strongly recommend you reach out to your IT department to see if they can grant you access to the work Wi-Fi

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey, @trizzle29!

That's odd this is happening. Are you on the latest software for your watch? One thing I just found out while researching your issue is that the watch can only connect to specific types of WiFi networks. Check this out: About Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular on your Apple Watch - Apple Support. Once you try the steps on that page, please let me know if it's good to go!

Userlevel 5

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Were you able to get your watch to connect to Wi-Fi yet?

It connects to my home network but not work.

Userlevel 5

Interesting! This sounds like some sort of security that your work may have set up to prevent unknown devices from connecting to the network. I would strongly recommend you reach out to your IT department to see if they can grant you access to the work Wi-Fi