Question

Bank Short Codes not working now that I upgraded my phone...

• 26 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

WHYYYYYYY must T-mobile BLOCK MY BANK SHORT CODES WHEN YOU GET A NEW UPGRADED PHONE!!!! I UPGRADED TO A52 AND NOW MY BANK SHORT CODE DOESN’T WORK.

I WAITED 2 HOURS FOR A REP TO CALL -- WHEN I EXPLAINED THIS - SHE TOOK 15 MINUTES THEN - CLAIMED SHE FIXED THE ISSUE -- BUT SHE DID NOT!!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.  I NOW HAVE TO CALL BACK AND WAIT ANOTHER 1 - 2 HOURS FOR A REP TODAY 12/26/21.  

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Switching out phones can sometimes cause the shortcode permission to be reset.  If you don’t want to wait on hold for Customer Care, you can always reach out to T-Mobile via Facebook or Twitter.  

Good luck. We have been fighting this problem for a while. We cannot get short code messages from several banks or ssa.gov. T-Mobile’s solution is for us to contact the senders to determine if they have a problem sending text to one of our 4 phone numbers. We are looking at changing carrier.

@MartinGale  I’m having the same issue with ssa.gov. I’ve googled looking for solutions with no luck. Looks like AT&T and some smaller providers have similar reported issues.