Solved

Calls go directly to Voicemail!

• 4 May 2020
  • 7 replies

My incoming calls go directly to voice mail, even though I have at least three bars of signal inside my house and I have no issues with outgoing calls.

Can T-Mobile representatives help me out in this ?

I tried reaching out to customer service number but the wait time is too long.

Thanks,

Vimal

icon

Best answer by vimalkumarr 4 May 2020, 22:15

Hi Drnewcomb2, Yes, I have disabled call forwarding on my mobile.

I did reach out to T-mobile tech representatives and they helped me to reset the network settings on my phone, after that I did a couple of calls that did not redirect to voicemail. The representatives would get in touch with me later in the day, for another round of testing.

I will let you know how that goes.

Thanks,

Vimal

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

What device do you you have?  Have you looked at the dB in terms of signal strength outside of just looking at bars?  Bars don't actually have a standard, vary by carrier, phone model, and firmware for their relation to dB. 

And OBTW, we're assuming that you've already checked the call forwarding on your phone.

Hi Syaoran, I have an iPhone XR.

I have not checked the signal strength outside the bars, Is there a way I can check them out ?

I did reach out to T-mobile tech representatives and they helped me to reset the network settings on my phone, after that I did a couple of calls that did not redirect to voicemail. The representatives would get in touch with me later in the day, for another round of testing.

Thanks,

Vimal

Thanks,

Vimal

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Did resetting the network settings work? I know that's one of the big troubleshooting steps that Apple recommends.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for giving us an update. Can you let us know if you've been followed up with?

Thanks,

Vimal

Good luck. I have spend days and hours. Same problem. The last suggestion was to buy a phone from them. I have the problem for two years.