Question

Can an unlocked VERIZON 12.9" ipad pro (3rd Gen) work on a T-Mobile network?

• 5 August 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I am a T-mobile customer and I’m looking to buy a 3rd Gen 12.9” Ipad Pro with cellular network capabilities ...I see there are some reasonable priced   “unlocked” iPad Pro versions available from various online retailers like B & H Photo, Amazon, Best Buy, etc. , but many state they are VERIZON UNLOCKED, ATT, etc or Cellular Provider unlocked versions….WILL A VERIZON  (OR OTHER PROVIDER UNLOCKED VERSION) OF THIS IPAD PRO WORK ON THE T-MOBILE NETWORK???

WHAT EXACTLY IS NEEDED FOR AN UNLOCKED iPAD PRO 12.9 (3rd Gen) TO WORK ON T-MOBILE’s NETWORK - WHAT FEATURES DO I LOOK FOR OR ARE REQUIRED  BY T-MOBILE WHEN BUYING AN UNLOCKED CELLULAR-based Ipad Pro?  Also, does T-Mobile offer a similar 12.9 iPad Pro (3rd Gen ) with Cellular capabilities?

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

From what I can find, it will, depending on what is deployed where you intend to use it.  The supported bands that I could find for LTE are: Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, and 26.  It lacks the 4 most important Bands: 12, 41, 66, and 71 for the present and future of T-Mobile’s service deployment.