Solved

Can the iPad Air 2 get carrier updates?

• 8 March 2016
  • 7 replies

My iPad Air 2 is running iOS 9.2.1.  It has an Apple Sim (like all Air 2s) and when I set it up I picked T-Mobile.  Currently the carrier version is listed as "T-Mobile 23.0".  From what I've read the latest update is 23.2 and 23.1 has been out for a while.  My Air 2 hasn't updated to either version despite going to the Settings -> General -> About screen.

Does the Air 2 get carrier updates?  If so how can I get it to update to 23.2?

icon

Best answer by morac 21 March 2016, 20:37

After updating to iOS 9.3 on my iPad Air 2, I now have the 24.1 version of the T-Mobile carrier settings.  I'm guessing that's the latest version.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Sweet! I'm really glad to hear that! 😊

Yep -- 24.1 after the iOS upgrade. Yay!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yep, you got it! That's the latest one that rolled out today.

After updating to iOS 9.3 on my iPad Air 2, I now have the 24.1 version of the T-Mobile carrier settings.  I'm guessing that's the latest version.

‌i haven't had a chance to test this yet, but some one with an original Air said he was on 23.0 as well.

‌I have the exact same situation with my iPad Air 2 and Apple SIM. The carrier update is stuck at 23.0. I have removed and reinserted the SIM. I have even reset the iPad and reinstalled everything. Still no update.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Good question @morac and thanks for posting.

It should get carrier updates so that's odd it missed yours. Have you already tried removing/reinserting the SIM card and checking for the update?