Solved

Can you recover deleted text messages on iPhone 7?

• 19 April 2017
  • 9 replies

I am trying to retrieve 3 week old text messages , that I have deleted. can this be possible?

icon

Best answer by kellywilk 21 April 2017, 21:09

View original

9 replies

The answer is unfortunately: it depends! If you have a backup of the iPhone made before the messages were deleted (either iCloud or made in iTunes on your computer), you can either get the messages out of that backup, or restore the backup to get the messages for sure. Keep in mind that restoring a backup is going to erase the new contents on your iPhone though, so that may not be what you want to do.

If you don't have a backup made before the messages were deleted, there's still a chance that the messages are recoverable. When you delete a message in Messages, the database entry gets tagged for reuse, rather than obliterated - there's a lot of third party tools that will analyze a text message database from an iTunes backup to see if the message record is still there in the database to read. I'm the developer for one of the third party tools - Decipher TextMessage - that will do the analysis on Message app databases in a backup. You can definitely google around to see your options for tools though.

Generally, there are 3 solutions:

1. Restore your device from a backup in iCloud or iTunes if the messages existed when the backup was created. The restore needs to erase all the settings and content on your iPhone, so think twice before you decide to restore the phone.
  2. Extract the messages from the backup with an iTunes/iCloud backup extractor if you don’t want to lose the data generated after the backup.
  3. Recover deleted text messages directly from the device with a third-party program if no iTunes or iCloud backup was created.
Userlevel 3
Badge +13

And iOS 11 will backup to cloud anyway.  Messages won't be kept on phone.

Try with this iPhone Data Recovery, it can help to recover deleted photos, contacts, messages and more from iPhone , works with new iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus and more.

Search for YouTube ID: 8tfM48nQDIk

To recover deleted text messages on iPhone 7, first check if there is a backup on iTunes or iCloud. If yes, you can easily recover from backup files. About the details, you can check online. And if there is no backup, make sure the deleted text messages are not overwritten. Then find a pro iOS Data Recovery software to get them back. It's not difficult at all.

Hi Guy!

If you want recover deleted text messages on iPhone 7, you can check if you have backup in iCloud or iTunes, you can restore from your backup directly, but as pointed out above, if restore a backup, you will delete the new data you don't backup! If you don't know how to recover from backup directly, click here:Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

hello everyone am here to share this great experience which i had with this hacking company , they are the best when it come to online hacking , with just my spouse phone number they provide me with concrete evidence that she was cheating on me , i got access to all text messages , social media and more so i huge anyone out there to contact them for any issues related to hacking , contact through web: samahackingworld.com or samahackingworld @ gmail . com and thank me later . 

If you are accustomed to backing  up your messages to iCloud or iTunes before deleting these messages, just go to them to extract the messages backed up. If not, i think you can use an iphone messages recovery tool to restore the messages quickly.

If you have already taken the backup of deleted text messages then, you can restore lost messages from the iCloud or iTunes backup. If you have not taken backup of deleted messages then, you can also take the help of iPhone data recovery software. It may help you and capable to retrieve lost text messages, photos, contacts, videos and many more.