Solved

Cannot Send Emails - does not allow relaying error

• 22 February 2016
  • 5 replies

I am trying to send emails from an existing email account. I have just changed to T-Mobile. The error I get when trying to send emails is "Cannot Send Email" "The recipient xxxx@xxx.com was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying".

icon

Best answer by murraywood 22 February 2016, 21:27

Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding.

I'm using a specific email client (bigpond).

Jason Y from T-Mobile on FB gave me the following solution at it fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar and select your email account. Tap on Account, then go down to the "Outgoing Mail Server" and tap on SMTP. You will then see that is says optional under User Name and password but go ahead and provide that information and see if that resolves your issue.

View original

5 replies

Does anybody know a fix for this ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @murraywood I checked on this message and this happens when the address you're sending to doesn't support the relay service that delivers the message. Are you getting this message when you send to a specific email client (for example Earthlink.net) or is it happening with a send to a provider like Gmail?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding.

I'm using a specific email client (bigpond).

Jason Y from T-Mobile on FB gave me the following solution at it fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Go to Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendar and select your email account. Tap on Account, then go down to the "Outgoing Mail Server" and tap on SMTP. You will then see that is says optional under User Name and password but go ahead and provide that information and see if that resolves your issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

That's awesome to hear! I'm glad it's working for you!!! 😊 Thanks for letting me know!

When you send emails, does it always result in the errormessage “Cannot Send Mail. A copy has been placed in your Outbox. The recipient was rejected by the server because it does not allow relaying.” ... Luckily, this errormessage usually means that your outgoing mail server settings are just not quite right. I m having a same problem in my hotmail account but i contact to hotmail technical support so they told me this solution try this it will help you