Solved

Certain Internet Radio Stations blocked on Tmobile?

• 10 August 2017
  • 9 replies

I utilize Tune-In on IOS to listen to radio stations from around the world. Lately some stations are being blocked on the T-Mobile. It is not the radio station since I am able to listen from home internet connection or VPN to my home and listen to it that way. Just wondering if T-Mobile is filtering these sites and if possible how to send a request to modify the filtering to allow these stations/ip addresses.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by tidbits 10 August 2017, 20:19

They do not from my understanding.  It may just be a DNS issue or even an IPv6 issue. The iPhone on cellular networks all run IPv6.  Try an Android device using the app and see if you can.  If you can't switch the APN to IPv4 and see if the problem goes away.  If it does then these sites you are trying to connect to are the ones that may need an "update"

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

They do not from my understanding.  It may just be a DNS issue or even an IPv6 issue. The iPhone on cellular networks all run IPv6.  Try an Android device using the app and see if you can.  If you can't switch the APN to IPv4 and see if the problem goes away.  If it does then these sites you are trying to connect to are the ones that may need an "update"

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I agree with tidbits. I know that on my iPhone there are many things I cannot do remotely anything using IPv6 for instance. With my Android I can access just about anything.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hey there @magenta2386652  and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear about the radio woes, but have you tried @tidbits​ suggestion? Please give us a reply back and keep us updated on this. Thank you!

Thanks for your advise. Unfortunately, I am running on IOS 10.3.3 and it does not allow me to set APN settings. I will contact the stations to see if they can update their AAAA dns records.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Okay. Please keep us posted on this. The info you get can really be helpful other folks that come across this thread. Thanks for reply back.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I wonder why the Apple support page says that you can change your APN settings if your carrier allows it on that particular iPhone. I also wonder why T-Mobile iPhones don't allow for an APN change on iPhone like they do with Androids. You would think that it would be an Android versus Apple issue however if Apple makes reference to other carriers iPhones being able to change APN settings that raises the bigger question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

snn_555 wrote:

I wonder why the Apple support page says that you can change your APN settings if your carrier allows it on that particular iPhone. I also wonder why T-Mobile iPhones don't allow for an APN change on iPhone like they do with Androids. You would think that it would be an Android versus Apple issue however if Apple makes reference to other carriers iPhones being able to change APN settings that raises the bigger question.

From a few year ago.  So far T-Mobile is the first and it's a smart thing as it saves future costs, but it does deliver some headaches.

Apple to iOS devs: IPv6-only cell service is coming soon, get your apps ready | Ars Technica

I have this same issue with an Android (Samsung S8).

Any solutions?

Seems like the common factor is T-Mobile or TuneIn.

I have the same issue with tunne In and other radio stations webs on my iphone 10, but when im connected to my home wifi it works perfect. So im not sure if this is an issue with IPhone or IPv6, if I’m only have this blocked when I’m on T-mobile network