coverage on bahamas cruise

• 7 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Will I have cell coverage on Disney Bahamas cruise

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It will be roaming and costly especially on a cruise ship.

Now in the ports you will have coverage depending on your plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Onboard the Disney ship Sending texts are $0.50/ea. Talk is $5.99/min

When you are on land in Bahamas. Free but slow data, free texts and talk 25¢/min

You can probably buy a WiFi package for the ship part of the trip.

I got burned on a call made from a Princess ship while still in port in Whittier Alaska. Luckily it was a short call. The ships are suppose to take their Cell networks down when in port - but this time that did not happen. Since then, I learned to check the network.

My Android phone will show the network at the top left corner of the home screen. When in-port on a ship, make sure that it not on the ships network. For Royal Caribbean, the network is called Vroom. If it is, you can manually change the network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I got burned on a call made from a Princess ship while still in port in Whittier Alaska. Luckily it was a short call. The ships are suppose to take their Cell networks down when in port - but this time that did not happen. Since then, I learned to check the network..

It’s no accident that they didn’t shut down their network in port. They make big money leaving them running. I’d have reported the ship to the FCC. They’re operating an unlicensed cellular network.