Solved

DIGITS - Messages on Lock Screen only read "New Message" instead of displaying the message itself

• 2 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

After updating to DIGITS version 2.4.0 on my device running iOS 13.5.1, I noticed that all incoming text messages no longer preview the message on the lock screen, instead displaying only the words "New Message."
Previous (desired) behavior:

Previous behavior of messages on lock screen on DIGITS versions before 2.4.0

Current (undesired) behavior:

Current behavior of messages on lock screen on DIGITS version 2.4.0

Here are the Notifications settings, which were not modified any and which are set to Show Previews - Always:

Notifications settings for DIGITS app - Show Previews is set to Always

I have also tried removing the DIGITS app entirely, rebooting my device, and then installing it and signing back in… same behavior. I am convinced this is the app not my phone.
Fellow DIGITS users with Apple devices, are you experiencing the same after updating DIGITS to 2.4.0?

icon

Best answer by icecreamissues 3 July 2020, 16:36

I also mentioned this to the DIGITS team via the app (Settings → Help → Feedback).
They responded and confirmed that the above was due to some changes to their code, and expect to have this fixed in the next release of the DIGITS app for iOS. ETA is approximately 2 weeks.

View original

1 reply

Badge

I also mentioned this to the DIGITS team via the app (Settings → Help → Feedback).
They responded and confirmed that the above was due to some changes to their code, and expect to have this fixed in the next release of the DIGITS app for iOS. ETA is approximately 2 weeks.