Question

Downloading apps on new phone

• 12 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Just bought the new iPhone 13 Pro Max today. Cannot get all my apps to complete downloading. Can’t get my Apple Watch to pair with this new phone. Can’t get my Bose earbuds to pair with my new phone. Can you guys help?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Getting a new phone is super exciting and I always want to get mine up and running in two seconds flat. I know that some of the setup can have issues if you are trying to do it all at once, though, and it can cause serious headache. 

Some tips that I have for setting up the new device:

• Download apps a few at a time. They are less likely to get stuck, and it is easier on the processer to queue only a few at a time. 
  • You may need to use the Watch app on the old phone to disconnect the watch from that phone or reset the watch all together before setting up with the new phone. Launch the Watch app on the new phone and go through the steps to connect that watch. 
  • Once you get the new phone set up and on the home screen, go through the settings on the old phone to turn off bluetooth or just reset the whole phone. This will ensure that the devices are not still connecting to that phone and ignoring the new connections. 
  • The Bose earbuds need to be in discoverable mode, which may not be an option if they are currently connected to the other phone. 

These are really basic tips. If you have already tried this stuff and are still having issues, all hope is not lost. If you provide a little more information about what steps you are taking or the errors you are seeing, more help can definitely be provided. 

Badge

Mine has loaded some apps but my important apps didn’t load. Do I have to reload them all manually?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Mine has loaded some apps but my important apps didn’t load. Do I have to reload them all manually?

It depends on what you had set during the backup and restore process. If you didn’t have them all backed up, then they won’t all be restored. There may have also been a hiccup during the restore process that caused it to stop downloading. With that said, if they didn’t download themselves during the restore process, then you would have to download them manually. You might be able to reach out to Apple to see if they have a way to push the downloads without having to restart the whole process or do it manually.