Question

Fake and deceptive t mobile promotion

• 16 November 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello!

I would like to ask how to file a complaint? I was informed of a promotional sale wherein if I add a line, I’ll be qualified for a buy 1 get 1 promotion. So that’s what I did. I added a line and even bought 4 phones. When I called, the agent told me that I’m not eligible. And now I am very anxious and frustrated. After all the assurance from the AGENTS that I’ll get rebates, I get an information like this. i WAS MISINFORMED AND DECEIVED.

Please help.

15 replies

Yeah, T-Mobile will tell you anything to get your device and then do anything to steal your device. I have had two incidents where T-Mobile promised a trade in but would not put any information in writing. They do not do a trade-in assessment at T-Mobile physical locations because they want your device but they don’t want to compensate you for it.  Once they have your device, they can say ANYTHING they want so they don’t have to give you anything for your device. Your device is worth more to you on ebay than trusting a shady company like T-Mobile. DO NOT TRADE IN YOUR DEVICE AT T-MOBILE. I am in touch with a class action group to gather complaints about T-Mobile trade in issues, keep an eye out for more informaiton.

Yup I have also been deceived by T-Mobile.  I will always make sure to get an agreement in writing when working withT-Mobil.  Those sales people will tell you anything to get commissions. 

Same thing happened to me One of the agents Gave me deceiving and misinformation. I called today and tried to get help and they told me there was nothing to do. I'm gonna make a complaint to bb. This is Ridiculous T-Mobile really needs to get it together. I was told that I would get gift cards for joining there internet I received one but was still waiting on the other one.  I called to check and this supervisor tell me that I was given Misleading information. Well if that the case I would expect them to make it right . He said there is nothing he can do. I felt like the lady did anything to try to sell. Which that's not right for someone to do that. Not to mention I had to go through all this kinds of mess with the Internet when it dropped and I had to go in and take Box because it stopped working because of an update. I was out of internet for 3 days. I would have warm people Not to believe T mobile says when you're switching over. 

I am a little concerned, as I pre-ordered the iPhone 14 Pro under the trade in promotion T Mobile was advertising. The Promotion showed I would be getting $500 to trade in my iPhone 11 Pro, but when I review the order online, it now says $220. If it’s really $220, then I will cancel my order. I called T Mobile and they told me it was the $500, but then why would it show just the $500? I think it’s a little deceptive and I’m very disappointed with T-Mobile in this experience. 

Also deceived by the T-Mobile in Manor tx.  The worst store ever!! I was told I could add a line “free”.  I asked multiple times if it was absolutely free since they were pressuring me to add a line (I already had a phone I could use).  They answered yes every time.  What they didn’t tell me is that you get charged for it initially and over the next two billing cycles they will eventually credit what you’ve been charged.  And they also forgot to mention it was only good for one year.  The “free” phone ended up costing me double the two phone’s i started with.  They got really ugly words from me.  Deceit is so wrong!!

Apparently this is their business model because they lied to me also. It’s a shame there’s not a lawyer who would take this and make a class action lawsuit against them. I’m willing to be a plaintiff if anyone wants to take the case.

I just had the same thing.  Saw an add a line get an iphone free with trade in.  Just got off the phone and they said no such thing exist.  Before the call today, they said it was an automation thing where the computer gave the best promo they thought.  Can’t argue b/c it was all online.  First time I was disappointed with them.  Must be some new adminstration thing. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

A lot of times you will see promos on line for new customers but when you sign into your MyTmobile account they won’t be there for existing customers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

try contacting TMO through either Facebook or Twitter or through their chat feature in here (if currently available). they can dig into it to see what happened. plus better results than calling in.

same here.

Same thing happened to me One of the agents Gave me deceiving and misinformation. I called today and tried to get help and they told me there was nothing to do. I'm gonna make a complaint to bb. This is Ridiculous T-Mobile really needs to get it together. I was told that I would get gift cards for joining there internet I received one but was still waiting on the other one.  I called to check and this supervisor tell me that I was given Misleading information. Well if that the case I would expect them to make it right . He said there is nothing he can do. I felt like the lady did anything to try to sell. Which that's not right for someone to do that. Not to mention I had to go through all this kinds of mess with the Internet when it dropped and I had to go in and take Box because it stopped working because of an update. I was out of internet for 3 days. I would have warm people Not to believe T mobile says when you're switching over. 

same problem

Also deceived by the T-Mobile in Manor tx.  The worst store ever!! I was told I could add a line “free”.  I asked multiple times if it was absolutely free since they were pressuring me to add a line (I already had a phone I could use).  They answered yes every time.  What they didn’t tell me is that you get charged for it initially and over the next two billing cycles they will eventually credit what you’ve been charged.  And they also forgot to mention it was only good for one year.  The “free” phone ended up costing me double the two phone’s i started with.  They got really ugly words from me.  Deceit is so wrong!!

yes !!! this happened to me !! They also promised Netflix free and after the paperwork was signed, told me I was on the wrong plan for free Netflex. they are very deceitful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

which plan are you on?

Issues redeeming Netflix on Us

Missing Netflix on Us in T-Mobile.com account

1. Check your activation status or add service. 
  2. Clear your cache, cookies, and history on your browser. 
  3. Attempt to redeem again and see below if you are still not seeing Netflix on Us in your T-Mobile account.  

Why am I having this problem?

• You do not have permissions to redeem Netflix on Us. Only the Primary Account Holder may redeem Netflix on Us. 
  • Your rate plan does not include Netflix on Us. Not all plans are eligible for Netflix on Us. Examples: 
    • Any tax excluded plan 
    • Discounted ONE Voice for Puerto Rico 
    • Mobile Internet plans (including DIGITS, LineLink, and Wearable) 
    • No Credit Check 
    • Prepaid 
    • Magenta single line plans 
    • T-Mobile Essentials 
    • ONE All-In Promo (two lines for $100/$110 tax inclusive) 
    • ONE single line plans  
    • ONE Unlimited 55+  
Badge

After reading through these complaints it seems that T-Mobile has an issue with following up with promises.  I had a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, and I was going to trade it in with Samsung for $600, but they required a credit check.  I don’t want them messing with my credit so I opted to keep my Note device.  I later discovered that T-Mobile was offering $500 to trade in the device for the Galaxy S24 Ultra.  I decided to do it since I had been a customer for so  long.  I got the email stating that my trade in was accepted, and they confirmed on the website that the assessed value matches the estimated value.  I just logged into my account and discovered that T-Mobile only gave me $120 for my Note.  I would have kept the phone if this was the offer.  My Note was in excellent condition, and I had never even dropped it.  The way it T-Mobile owes me an additional $380 in credit to my account.  This is blatantly false, and misleading advertising.  They only seem to get away with this because they are so large.  Smaller companies would giv e about their customer’s finances.  I have been a customer for a very long time, and this is unacceptable behavior.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

T-Mobile does not honor the trade-in promotional values offered to customers in the online shopping cart!

Hello!

I would like to ask how to file a complaint? I was informed of a promotional sale wherein if I add a line, I’ll be qualified for a buy 1 get 1 promotion. So that’s what I did. I added a line and even bought 4 phones. When I called, the agent told me that I’m not eligible. And now I am very anxious and frustrated. After all the assurance from the AGENTS that I’ll get rebates, I get an information like this. i WAS MISINFORMED AND DECEIVED.

Please help.

The same thing happened to me 2 years ago . I complained every month explained it to different representatives every mont for 6 - 8 months and gave up . I make the last payment on my  2 free phones this month . I wish I had a better outcome to help you. but I was also lied to numerous times.     

Deceived in Phoenix