Solved

Help needed ASAP new iphone 8 plus

• 9 February 2018
  • 8 replies

My ringer is not ringing when calls come through. I have chosen the ringer and trouble shooted everything

but still there is no sound when people call me. I need this taken care of immediately.

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 13 February 2018, 22:22

Hi, Diane!

So sorry for the delay in reply here! I found some nice images on Apple's help site -- can you take a look here: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
In that first image, where it shows the Do Not Disturb toggle, are you unable to toggle that back off? If not, can you try to open the Control Center like it shows in the second image and tap the moon icon to turn it off?

View original

8 replies

Any luck getting the DND settings sorted out?

Just wanted to check in and see if any of the above advice helped! 😀

-Lauren

Userlevel 6

Hi, Diane!

So sorry for the delay in reply here! I found some nice images on Apple's help site -- can you take a look here: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
In that first image, where it shows the Do Not Disturb toggle, are you unable to toggle that back off? If not, can you try to open the Control Center like it shows in the second image and tap the moon icon to turn it off?

I think the problem has to do with the "Do not disturb" area. It says do you want to "Silence" always or just when the phone is locked. Either way it doesn't let me uncheck so my phone rings all the time.

Does any one know who to turn the silence off?

Thanks for all who have replied to my request. I really appreciate this.

Diane

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hey @magenta4083030  I think the suggestion above is a great thing to check. Please let us know if that helped. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Our you still having issues? Tidbits and Snn555 provided some really great info. If what they said did not resolve the issue, then it could be a deeper problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

magenta4083030 wrote:

My ringer is not ringing when calls come through. I have chosen the ringer and trouble shooted everything

but still there is no sound when people call me. I need this taken care of immediately.

As above stated do you have the ringer switch on?  It should be next to the volume rocker.  A lot of people don't know it's there or remember they have it.  Make sure it's off.

Userlevel 6

Is the ringer switch orange or not? Is the volume up?  Is do not disturb active?