Hotspot

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have an unlimited plan I get high speed up to 40gb. I use this mainly for tv streaming and some online gaming. I have not had any issues at all with buffering etc, resolution is just low which is expected. Recently received messages that towers I mainly use were being maintenanced. Ever since it was completed I cannot stream any tv, it buffers every minute, if that. I have reset everything switched from 5g/lte all of that, updated all of my devices i connect and I still cannot get anything to work. To clarify this is the hotspot I use from my iPhone. I’ve never had these issues before even when using lower speeds. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to check your plan to see if there's a limit on unlimited high speed data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you by chance test your speeds with the device by itself to see if there are any notable differences between before the maintenance and after? or are the normal data speeds the same but the hotspot speeds are the only thing affected?

with that being said though as @gramps28 pointed out you’ll need to check your plan and see what all is included with your mobile hotspot. some have a 15GB max out and after that it drops you to 3G speeds..you might be on a plan that has 50GB of hotspot usage before this happens..or the 15GB one..dont think you would be lower down the list but if somehow it was a fluke with your prior speeds you might be on the plan that has unlimited 3G only speeds.