Solved

I  cannot connect to Exchange 2010 server over TMobile Mail App and OWA (web-access to an email account) when I use TMobile network, but it works just fine with any wifi network.

• 20 December 2016
  • 3 replies

Hello

I have the following problem. I  cannot connect to Exchange 2010 server over TMobile Mail App and OWA (web-access to an email account) when I use TMobile network, but it works just fine with any wifi network. All people in my company who use iPhones in TMobile network affected.  People with iPhones who use other carriers (like Verizon, Sprint, etc. not affected)

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 29 December 2016, 02:29

Thank you for confirming that!  I talked with a colleague about the best way to get this matter resolved.  Ultimately, since we know iOS users on T-Mobile (even on our team) who are able to successfully use OWA to get their corporate email, and you know multiple users within your corporation who get their service from other carriers and can use these features, it seems like the specific issue is with your company's settings and us (eek).  To make sure this is attended by both parties, we'd love to have you Community-2153‌ and file a ticket with our tech team for this access error - and if some of your colleagues don't mind doing the same, that couldn't hurt.  At the same time, if you're able to work with your IT department and see if there's any insight they can provide (if you haven't already) into what requirements they might have that we're not meeting, that's information that would be valuable to provide when you're filing the ticket.  The account specifics required to review an issue of this nature aren't available to us here on Support (not to mention that we're not engineers, though we wish we were), so with an issue this complex we definitely need to have the right folks looking at it.

- Marissa

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @nepoch‌!  Sorry that you and your colleagues are going through this!  I've never had issues connecting to OWA through my T-Mobile android phone when I'm on the network, although the app did require that I add a screen lock.  Do you have any coworkers having this issue with T-Mobile Androind equipment, or does it seem to be exclusively limited to iPhone users?

- Marissa

Hey, Marissa! Thanks for the reply. In our case only iPhone users (including me) affected by this issue. People who use Android phones in T-Mobile network do not have any problems to connect to Exchange 2010 server over Mail App and OWA (web-access to an email account)

But all iPhone users are affected. So far iPhone 6, 6s and iPhone 7  users cannot connect to our company Exchange 2010 server over iPhone Mail App or OWA (web-access to an email account) when they use TMobile network, but it works just fine with any wifi network.

-Andrew

Userlevel 6

Thank you for confirming that!  I talked with a colleague about the best way to get this matter resolved.  Ultimately, since we know iOS users on T-Mobile (even on our team) who are able to successfully use OWA to get their corporate email, and you know multiple users within your corporation who get their service from other carriers and can use these features, it seems like the specific issue is with your company's settings and us (eek).  To make sure this is attended by both parties, we'd love to have you Community-2153‌ and file a ticket with our tech team for this access error - and if some of your colleagues don't mind doing the same, that couldn't hurt.  At the same time, if you're able to work with your IT department and see if there's any insight they can provide (if you haven't already) into what requirements they might have that we're not meeting, that's information that would be valuable to provide when you're filing the ticket.  The account specifics required to review an issue of this nature aren't available to us here on Support (not to mention that we're not engineers, though we wish we were), so with an issue this complex we definitely need to have the right folks looking at it.

- Marissa