Question

I get phone messages deposited as a text message on my iphone....i'd like it to stop

• 30 December 2021
  • 12 replies

Badge

I get phone messages deposited as a text message on my iphone....i'd like it to stop

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

do you mean voicemail turning into texts? turn off visual voicemail.

Badge

how is that performed fireguy

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

voicemail app...top right the horizontal lines..click it..settings..click it..preferences...manage subscription.

Badge

is the voicemail app in the iOS settings or the t-mobile app in which case I can't locate it

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It’s in your dialer. Tap the 3 dots top right , settings then voicemail.

Badge

I’m afraid I can’t locate….gramps can you please drill down from start where to look...I’m using an I pPhone SE on latest iOS...thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Open your phone dialer like you're making a phone call, tap the 3 dots on the upper right,  select settings then scroll to voicemail and open. From there you should be able to turn off visual voicemail.

Badge

Gramps….I’m afraid than when i  go to dialer the three dots that you refer to are not present….zilch. nada, absent

Badge

does anyone else have a linear solution (starting from point  a to resolution) for this problem?

No three dots in my dialer either.  iPhone 13.  Getting the same “deposited messages” but can’t retrieve them.  Only see text.  To my knowledge I’ve never requested voicemail to text.  

@gramps28, advice like this from you shouldn’t even be allowed. OP is asking about an iPhone. The iPhone Phone app does not have 3 dots for more options. That is very clearly an Android feature--and I say this as someone who has a Pixel and iPhone in front of me right now.

3 dots > Settings > Voice Mail > toggle off Visual Voicemail is an Android setting and is INDEPENDENT of the incoming text that transcribes your voice mail. Visual Voicemail is built into Android now and turning that off turns off the transcription in the OS. The text that comes in with transcription is a T-Mobile specific feature.

Please do not suggest useless and incorrect actions for users to take.

Oy, this is making my head hurt. The very well meaning advice about clicking the three dots to get to the voicemail app ONLY WORKS ON AN ANDROID PHONE.

I’ve seen this problem time and time again on these forums. iPhone user asks for help, Android user sends them on a search for settings that don’t exist on the phone in question. 

I know you’re only trying to help, but for future reference just know that iOS has visual voicemail built into the operating system. I am less tolerant of T-Mobile support who frequently seem unaware that half of their customers are using iPhones.