International texting not going through...

• 24 September 2017
  • 16 replies

I am on the simple plan, and haven’t been able to send international texts to the UK for months. I cannot figure out what is causing the problem. I am on the iPhone 6s. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Steve

16 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey there! Sorry to hear you are having troubles messing your friends across the pond 😥 Has this always been the case or did it work in the past? I only ask as there are specific featured that can be added to your account (if you chose to add them) that block stateside international services. What specific error are you getting when trying to send an SMS to your friends? Are you sending the SMS to a contact you have saved in your phone? If so, can you try entering their number manually and sending that way? Also, are your friends using iPhones?

Userlevel 4

Hey there!

Just wanted to check in and see if this was resolved, and if not, if you could please answer the questions above it would be much appreciated!

-Lauren

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Is this still giving you trouble? Please take a look at the post Chris  wrote and give us a reply back on how things are going. Thank you!

I cannot text internationally

Sorry, this service is not available is the message it's giving back

My plan allows unlimited texting to Ukraine but I have not been able to get a text out. My friend does have an I Phone. Could that be the problem??

I am not getting SMS from overseas whereas I am getting messages locally and able to SMS overseas. Talked to Tmobile support but they are not not successful in solving the problem. I spend around 3 hours with their experts but result.

My subscription includes unlimited texting to Ukraine, yet I have not been able to send a single text message to this country. My acquaintance does, in fact, own an iPhone. Is it possible that this is the source of the problem?

Please can anyone help me, i travel out of united state, I have been sending message to friends in the state but they are not getting my text messages and am getting text message they sent to me. My unlimited text plan is active , I have switch off my phone severely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Please can anyone help me, i travel out of united state, I have been sending message to friends in the state but they are not getting my text messages and am getting text message they sent to me. My unlimited text plan is active , I have switch off my phone severely.

How are the addresses being entered? You should use the full international format. (e.g. +1.234.567.8901)

Same kind of problems here. Not receiving text messages from France. Very annoying. TMobile tech department say they don’t know what to do, not to call back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Same kind of problems here. Not receiving text messages from France. Very annoying. TMobile tech department say they don’t know what to do, not to call back.

Do they receive texts you send? Are iPhones involved?

Same here. While in France I can’t send or receive texts from French friends here. I can get texts from the US.

Got it figured out. Went to the T-Mobile store, and they were actually very helpful. Young lady meticulously did all the research she could, looked at all the settings on my iPhone, and recommended we “reset network settings”. It worked !! I am receiving text messages from France without a problem now.

Badge

I face the same issue. Unable to recv the text from India, Did the Reset network settings and replace the SIM too. nothing got changed :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Can you send texts to India?