Solved

iPad said I had no data left on plan until I restarted it.

• 22 September 2016
  • 3 replies

I have an iPad Air 2 with an Apple Sim card.  It is running iOS 10.0.1 with the T-Mobile 24.2 carrier update.

I subscribe to the free 200 MB a month plan since I don't really use data on it.  Today I noticed that it was no longer had a cellular connection.  The only option was to "Add Data" in the Cellular Data section.  The thing is when I tapped "Add data" it said I still had 105 MB left which made sense since I've only used around 92 MB.

I tried toggling airplane mode, but nothing got it out of the state thinking I had no data left until I restarted the iPad.  I've never seen that before.  Is this a bug in iOS 10.0.1 or something?

icon

Best answer by morac 28 September 2016, 18:45

No it hasn't.  I read on a bunch of news sites that T-Mobile had a nationwide outage that morning, so it's possible that was the cause.

View original

3 replies

No it hasn't.  I read on a bunch of news sites that T-Mobile had a nationwide outage that morning, so it's possible that was the cause.

Userlevel 5

That is super strange! It sounds like your tablet forgot that it did indeed have a data plan. I can honestly say that I have never seen that before! Has this happened again since you last cleared it with the reboot?

Userlevel 5

You know what.... that was it. I just realized that as I was looking through some older threads. We did have an outage that nigh/morning. Sorry about that!