Question

Iphone 12 Pro calls go directly to Voicemail

• 15 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I upgraded my phone to an Iphone 12 Pro in December.  Since then, sometimes my calls don’t ring on my phone and go directly to Voicemail.  Other times callers have reported receiving a message that my phone is out of service.  This happens sporadically.  I work remotely and use my cell phone for work-related calls.

Today, I called customer service and got an off-shore CSR that I could barely understand.  I informed her it happens sporadically and she asked how I knew if people couldn’t reach me if I wasn’t able to answer their call...to which I replied...they texted me!  She then had me reset my network settings and then asked me to have someone call my phone.  Of course, the call came through successfully.  The CSR then said TMobile is working on upgrading their service in my area and it will improve when that is completed.  When I asked for the completion date, she said “as soon as possible”.  I said they must have a targeted completion date.  About ten minutes after the phone call I missed two calls again!

2 replies

I have the same issue with my iPhone 12. Whether it’s set to LTE, 5G Auto, 5G On, with or without 5G Standalone, I have had several people tell me that calling me only resulted in an automated voice telling them that my line was busy. Not even able to send me a voicemail.

This happens sporadically, even sitting at home with full bars of whatever I'm connected to. There is a several mile area of a major road that I drive on to and from work that I lose internet connection / SMS / Calls on even with full bars of connectivity. This continues after turning airplane mode on and off, and changing LTE / 5G settings back and forth.

I cannot get this to happen often enough or on command enough for customer service to spot the problem. Switching from physical SIM to eSIM also did not help.

EDIT: Wanted to add that this did not happen on my previous phone, an iPhone 7, and also does not happen on the other phones on my account. One is iPhone XR and one is an Android.

Badge

Thank you for your comments.  I never had issues like this with my previous i-phone either!