Question

iPhone 13 Pro Max switch from Physical SIM to eSIM

• 24 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

We are regular T-Mobile customers (not post-pay/pre-pay) with 4 phone lines.  We have iPhone 13 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro Max.  Is it possibly to change all physical SIM to eSIM?  Although T-mobile Data covers international but it is EXTREMELY slow.  It will be better to purchase a local SIM for data use.  Since iPhone in the US market don’t provide dual SIM caddy, it will be painful to reject the T-Mobile SIM and keep it in safe place while traveling.  

4 replies

Badge

Actually, it is very easy to switch from hard SIM to eSIM.  I logged on to my Tmobile account, select profile and choose the phone that want it for eSIM.  Enter my EID number.  Tmobile generated a barcode that for me to add to the phone.  After activation, the old hard SIM is no longer working.  It is quite simply.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

By the way, your plan is either postpaid or prepaid, there is no other “regular” option. Traditional cellular plans are almost always postpaid. T-Mobile customer service can clarify for you. 

Badge

Reviewed but doesn’t seem to be working!  It requires activation code and/or confirmation code.  This cannot be a self-transfer, it requires to have T-Mobile customer suport for help may be.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Tried this? I have the same question, haven’t tried yet

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/apple/apple-ios-13/esim-settings-apple-iphone-on-ios-13