Question

iphone 14 pro max order

• 20 September 2022
  • 12 replies

Badge

hi all! so i ordered my iphone 14 pro max (deep purple, 256 GB) on 9/17. it said tmobile had it in stock and my card was charged just shortly after… it was confirmed by a tmobile rep that they only charge when a phone is getting ready to ship, but she also tried telling me at first that my card was NOT charged. i explained how funny that is considering there’s a charge for it on my bank statement. anyways, the iphone 14 pro max keeps going in and out of stock and idk how true that is especially since my phone has not shipped yet. i was given an estimated ship date of 9/17-9/20 but then it changed to 9/18-9/20 and hasn’t changed since yet. idk, what the tmobile reps are telling me just seems fishy. idk why my card was charged when my phone hasn’t even shipped yet. any one else had/having these issues?? should i be getting my phone soon? i have yet to receive any tracking info. it still says my order is being processed

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

they charge you once they create a shipping ticket for the device..also keep in mind that the 20th isnt quite over yet..if something ends up happening from what i have seen they reverse the payment back to you.

This isn’t always true. I was charged when I ordered on 9/9, expecting ship date was supposed to be 9/16 and I’ve heard nothing. It hasn’t shipped, the ship date hasn’t been updated and I’ve sat waiting to talk to someone for hours on both phone and chat without any success. I never had this issue with Sprint, only since they’ve merged with TM. I understand delays but the lack of updated information is ridiculous.

this same thing is happening to me currently. it said it was supposed to ship by the 20th and deliver on the 21st (today) , my charge is still pending on the account and i have gotten zero tracking info, but when i go to my equipment plans, it says that the new phone is active as of the 20th and that it has shipped, so i’m just very confused… is my order still processing after 5 days, is it shipped, is it coming? please help tmobile. 

Badge

this same thing is happening to me currently. it said it was supposed to ship by the 20th and deliver on the 21st (today) , my charge is still pending on the account and i have gotten zero tracking info, but when i go to my equipment plans, it says that the new phone is active as of the 20th and that it has shipped, so i’m just very confused… is my order still processing after 5 days, is it shipped, is it coming? please help tmobile. 

see that’s where it’s opposite for me. i got an email early this morning that my package has shipped! then shortly after i got an email from UPS saying shipment info received, but when i go on my t-mobile app, it still says my order is being processed. i’m so sick of messaging tmobile about these issues and they’re probably sick of me too but i am having a hard time understanding what is going on 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

This isn’t always true. I was charged when I ordered on 9/9, expecting ship date was supposed to be 9/16 and I’ve heard nothing. It hasn’t shipped, the ship date hasn’t been updated and I’ve sat waiting to talk to someone for hours on both phone and chat without any success. I never had this issue with Sprint, only since they’ve merged with TM. I understand delays but the lack of updated information is ridiculous.

this very much happened over at Sprint. every flagship device release was like this with them..heck with every carrier. these never are issue free..especially over the last few years.

I did my preorder for the pro max 256 in space black and purple on the 14th. we were told the ship date would be between the 30th and 6th of october. A few hours after it showed that it was now estimated between 10-6 on one section of the app and when I click into the order status it says between 10-7 and 11-1. So I am confused and getting frustrated. I know its only been a few weeks but my trade ins are showing due by the 14th of october and now the website says they are backordered until the 13th to the 27th of october.

Badge

I did my preorder for the pro max 256 in space black and purple on the 14th. we were told the ship date would be between the 30th and 6th of october. A few hours after it showed that it was now estimated between 10-6 on one section of the app and when I click into the order status it says between 10-7 and 11-1. So I am confused and getting frustrated. I know its only been a few weeks but my trade ins are showing due by the 14th of october and now the website says they are backordered until the 13th to the 27th of october.

that’s really odd because i placed my order the 17th and my phone is out for delivery as of this morning. hopefully i get mine today as scheduled and hopefully you get yours sooner than planned! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Your credit card will show an authorization upon placing your order. That’s just a check to make sure you have enough credit available. This is not a charge though, but your credit limit will be decreased by the order amount. Once your order ships, the authorization will be updated as a completed transaction.

Anymore preorders get shipped out yet?

Did anyone else order on launch day and get a message 2 days later saying your order has been canceled? They say it’s a glitch and that it’s not canceled but still no phones. 

Badge

T-Mobile charges you when you first process the order to make sure you have funds to ship the device. It is usually refunded and then charged again once shipped.. but it varies per person.

As so the device and transparency is difficult as apple makes only so many devices per carrier with the first come first serve. You will more than likely receive your device before your estimated dates.

Did anyone else order on launch day and get a message 2 days later saying your order has been canceled? They say it’s a glitch and that it’s not canceled but still no phones. 

No I ordered my wife’s pro Max purple 256g on launch day and it came on Monday I’m still waiting for my phone I ordered on the 14th black 256g which the date changed 3 times and was told I would have it by the end of the month well that’s tomorrow and still nothing