Solved

iPhone 5s locked, cannot activate it initially

• 19 January 2017
  • 1 reply

I've purchased a second hand iphone 5s and it is locked by T-Mobile. I think it should be completely off EIP plan and I cannot reach the previous owner. How can I check the EIP plan status or request for an unlock ? This site does not include any support e-mail address or a guest login (a valid T-Mobile phone number is mandatory for signing up, which I don't have).

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 25 January 2017, 21:59

Hey @telecaster

You'll need to meet all of these requirements to be eligible to have your iPhone 5s unlocked. As far as seeing if it is completely paid off, that information isn't available to second-hand owners. However, you can make sure the IMEI isn't blocked here: IMEI Status Check | See if Your Phone Works on T-Mobile 4G Network.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @telecaster

You'll need to meet all of these requirements to be eligible to have your iPhone 5s unlocked. As far as seeing if it is completely paid off, that information isn't available to second-hand owners. However, you can make sure the IMEI isn't blocked here: IMEI Status Check | See if Your Phone Works on T-Mobile 4G Network.