Iphone 5s suddenly locked

• 13 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Good afternoon, my Iphone 5s suddenly locked, my imei XXXXXXXXXXXXX, i made hard rest, and i got an locked Iphone 5s, but before i  used my phone until 7 months without any problem and with all ukraine operators, please, if you can help, please help me, because, i'm am checking on different web-sites information about my phone and everywhere i can see condition of my "simlock" - unlocked.

4 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey there @multitouch‌!  That's definitely an unwelcome change to happen out of the blue.  Where did you get this device - did you previously use it with T-Mobile? 

- Marissa

Userlevel 6

Just checking in!  We'd love to know a little more about this situation so we can be of help!

- Marissa

Userlevel 5

Are you the original owner? If not, your phone was probably jailbroken and hacktivated, but not legitimately unlocked. When you did a factory reset, you lost the jailbreak and can no longer use a carrier other than T-Mobile.

T-Mobile requires that you be a current or former customer in order for them to unlock the phone. Otherwise, you'll have to use a third party unlock service.

Userlevel 6

Happy Wednesday, @multitouch​ - just wanted to touch base and see if you were still looking for a resolution to this issue.  Hopefully everything has worked out - but if you're still having trouble, please let us know!

- Marissa